Sherco Clutch Cover

stump magnet

the clutch cover is warped on my 06 290 it has leaked oil for ages and lets water in when washing turning the oil milky, gonna try and skim it on a lathe or face it on a flat plate anyone else had this problem and how much is a new cover, (i only have 2.3mm of depth to play with which is the difference between the clutch dissengaged and the inner face of the cover, the cover is warped by 0.5mm between the bottom two bolts so if i can't skim it im gonna need a new one!)

Edited by stump magnet

the clutch cover is warped on my 06 290 it has leaked oil for ages and lets water in when washing turning the oil milky, gonna try and skim it on a lathe or face it on a flat plate anyone else had this problem and how much is a new cover, (i only have 2.3mm of depth to play with which is the difference between the clutch dissengaged and the inner face of the cover, the cover is warped by 0.5mm between the bottom two bolts so if i can't skim it im gonna need a new one!)

I had the same problem with a sherco, it was 0.5mm out as well, but a liberal smear of silicone sorted it out and it has been no more trouble :-)

I bounced one off a rock, sanded it on a flat plate, filed out the o ring groove, and it seems fine. Although I haven't tried it yet. Bought a new one, as I recall, it was about $50 dollars.

Edited by titanium