Enduro Rider Looking To Buy Txt, Rev Or Montesa

iconic

Hi all, great site you have here and been reading thru some great posts,

I'm in Medway Kent and want a trials bike to improve my hare and hounds riding on my gasser '06 EC-200, and have some fun too :thumbup:

I'm a bottom feeder and don't wish to spend over

Edited by iconic

Hello mate, like the rest of the members have said the early GG pros had gearbox issues,& the bones on the rear suspension can work out pretty costly as i learned.I myself changed to a scorpa sy & love it but hey each to their own. your best bet is to go along to a trial & ask some of the guys about their bikes & how they differ from others & if your lucky you might get a test ride. Hope this helps.

many thanks for the heads up, just been chatting with a friend who gave the same advice, great minds!

Hmm, the Montesa 315R has always caught my eye...just been looking at one on Fleabay....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MONTESA-COTA-315-200...1QQcmdZViewItem

Seems about right.

It really is worth going to have a look before bidding, the bodywork has been changed for the later 2004 colours which makes it look newer than it is, but you can only tell so much from a picture. There are some good deals to be had on Eblog but there are a lot of duff ones too.

The buy it now price is right at the very top of what it would be worth unless it is totally mint in every way (which lets be honest, very few trials bikes are at five years old!) Looking at the paper this week, you'd probably get one from a dealer at that price; get a test ride and have some (limited) comeback if it was a dud.

You sound as if you know your way around a competition machine, so go and check it out and let us know how you get on. Good luck.

Had 6 Gassers and as long as you look after them then ok, but there are lots of 'sheds' out there. Had a mont.......ummmm.........................ok, but only 5 gears and I had engine probs with mine regarding engine build quality after 2 months from new.Importer not interested. I love Gassers from new.

I would go for a Scorpa, 02-

Edited by jam

cheers again guys, I have my own car sales and know what cars and bikes are usually like on Fleabay...last gasp for most stuff, would rather buy from a dealer of course but this is old and cheap for a dealer to be offering

thanks

Got to scrub the idea of the trials bike...my gasser EC was stolen on Sunday night...need a new EC now!

Yellow/black '06 gasser EC-200 Medway area Kent...no longer carrying race numbers and reg plate

cheers for the help guys