Phil King Trial

This event is soon to be upon us and a great event it is.

Has everyone who wants a ride sent off their entry yet?? i believe they are closing soon...be quick.

The sections are being set out over the next two weeks but may be subject to change depending on the weather, but as usual they will be nice and tight just like you classic round riders like them :blink:

I will be observing as usual sitting next to my sherco, so if your riding, say hi and who knows, i may blink as you take that elusive dab :)

p.s. if you havent got an entry yet and cant find the regs, pm me.

Will you both be riding your modern bikes then??

Ill be observing at the third group (i think?) After the crossroads at pebmarsh anyway, lots of hills and everyones favourite, ROOTS!

What routes you going to ride then........Expert????

Yes we are both on modern bikes. Riding the intermediate route. I think it's the championship route for the classics. So I will be getting my butt whipped by people on bikes older than me!

Looking forward to it, it's much better since they moved it from February. Some of the conditions we rode in the first few times were atrocious.

Yes I a riding, Ride in it every year. It makes a pleasant change not to have to go off up the M1 for a decent trial. I will look out for you sitting next to the Sherco then. Put me down for a clean!

Change of plan.......sherco is too clean to take observing :rolleyes: so i will be sitting next to a beamish with an immaculate tank, less the suzuki stickers. See you there

• 2 weeks later...

i think you will find the riders who were moaning the most were riding

the classic bikes , tight turns and steep down hill drop offs are not much

fun on a bike with drum brakes, twinshocks and weighing alot more than

the bikes you are riding, and was'nt there one section that only one rider

managed to three out ! it was far from just about right for the majority

of 25 year old plus bikes which the trial should have been marked out for,

after all it was a classic round !

First time I'd ridden the trial. Riding a TLR250 in twinshock class on 'championship' route.

I thought the severity was about right, but there were a few 'unecessary' tight bits.

For example: section 26 (I think) was a really good section, but had a random really tight off-camber right hander to get out the ends.

Made it very frustrating as I'd cleaned the rest of the section and then had to three to get round the turn :o

Another one was the section by the fuel dump! Jeebus that was tight!

Really nice ride round though, not too much road either which is good!

Ps: Did anyone see the car crash by the start?!

First time I'd ridden the trial. Riding a TLR250 in twinshock class on 'championship' route.

I thought the severity was about right, but there were a few 'unecessary' tight bits.

For example: section 26 (I think) was a really good section, but had a random really tight off-camber right hander to get out the ends.

Made it very frustrating as I'd cleaned the rest of the section and then had to three to get round the turn :o

Another one was the section by the fuel dump! Jeebus that was tight!

Really nice ride round though, not too much road either which is good!

Ps: Did anyone see the car crash by the start?!

Yes I saw the aftermath of the crash. It happened about a couple of minutes before I rode up on the trailer to finish. Looked nasty.

As far as the sections go I found the last half of the trial quite tough. I am pretty crap though. I just didn't have a good day, nothing to do with the sections really though. I just couldn't really get into it. I was riding the same route as the championshio class and wouldn't have a problem doing it again. Having said that my bike is 5 months old, not 25 years.

I ride all the classic rounds I can on a modern bike as I like the severity of them, they are challenging enough for my level but there is normally nothing I don't thhink Ihave at least got a chance of getting through (except maybe that one section on Sunday).

It was definitely the hardest classic round I have ridden. I am not saying that is a bad thing because when you watch some of the top lads on the old bike they are amazing, but I must admit I wouldn't want to attempt it on an old bike.

phil king results anywhere, points are on the acu page.

anyone want to comment on hard it was , some of the twin shock boys really found the turns and drops a bit to much.

the top twin shock boys can hop and jump there bikes around the tight turns, do you think its right to make it that tight , the lads who just come to make up the numbers and want to do a one lap trial. wont return next year if its to hard and you will end up with just the top riders entering the events.other events in this championship have been really good.

Just got the results.......what number were you??

heres the top three in each class

A

Neil Gaunt 69

Dave Thorpe 78

Martyn Wilmore 89

B

Phil Wiffen 15

Roger Williams 27

Barry Roads 41

C

Mark Reason 22

Pete Ruscoe 37