Phil King Trial

phil king results anywhere, points are on the acu page.

anyone want to comment on hard it was , some of the twin shock boys really found the turns and drops a bit to much.

the top twin shock boys can hop and jump there bikes around the tight turns, do you think its right to make it that tight , the lads who just come to make up the numbers and want to do a one lap trial. wont return next year if its to hard and you will end up with just the top riders entering the events.other events in this championship have been really good.

And therein lies the problem. It's supposed to be a classic series with no-stop sections. Making them tight just encourages trick riding - against the rules but it is what happens when sections are too tight and riders aren't given a 5 for it. What's the bloody point in having a classic series with trick riding. That's what modern trials are for. I had enough of seeing that at the last round which is why I didn't bother entering this one.

I know it gives the organisers problems, but I think the trial was much better when it was held in February and peeing down with rain or snow. Sections didn't need to be tight and the big climbs were a real challenge in the wet.

Unfortunately I think the Classic series is losing its way and its sight of the original concept.

Any specific numbers/ names just ask

Can I have my result please? number 52 - Daniel Beaven (twinshock)

Any chance you could e-mail me full results please?

DanBeaven@hotmail.com

6th in class with a score of 59......not bad considering 15 of those were for time. That beats a lot of the local top intermediates.......well done.

Cant email results as ive only got a paper copy.

Any specific numbers/ names just ask

Can I have my result please? number 52 - Daniel Beaven (twinshock)

Any chance you could e-mail me full results please?

DanBeaven@hotmail.com

6th in class with a score of 59......not bad considering 15 of those were for time. That beats a lot of the local top intermediates.......well done.

Cant email results as ive only got a paper copy.

:( Woops, thought I had ages for time :wall:

Was I 5th or 6th. I've just seen the championship standings on ACU site and it said 5th?

Oh well, do better next time :o

Lost at the Phil King.......my bottle. If found I'd like it back, I lost it approaching those drops into the water towards the end.

Here's hoping it returns this Sunday!

is this it???

Bayer_Heroin_bottle1.jpg

If its empty - its mine.

• 9 months later...

I was going to ride this year but unforeseen circumstances dictate it now will have to be next year, I would however be interested in peoples thoughts after the trial, I understand the sections will be eased this year but will remain one if not the best trials in the Eastern centre.

Bon Dimanche

• 2 weeks later...

I rode the trial yesterday,

Cracking trial on a very nice day. Nice ride round; good variety of sections, both in type and difficulty, with a sting in he tail towards the end at 2nd last group. Heard it was driest for years and so made it easier, but the trial wasnt a walk in the park, thats for sure.

Put me down for next year.

Still a few sections a bit tight for a no-stop trial which results in the inevitable stop and hop but pretty good overall with the sections getting better towards the end. Day to forget for me though with about eight 5s from a flooding carb everytime the bike was pointed down hill. Nice.

• 4 weeks later...

Even though I'm a columnist on this website, I can't manage to originate a thread, so have added to this thread which is the nearest I can get.

For those interested in the Traditional Trials Series, don't forget that the Angela Redford is on March 15, 2008, which is the third round of the series. Entries close on March 8 and already the number is up on last year, but we don't want to turn anybody away who wants to ride. So, the meassage is to get that last minute entry into Mike Rapley asap. It will be a superb trial with lots more land coming into use this year, and having been out marking out, it really will be well worth a ride.