Rear Shocker - Txt2000 249

beamish owners club

My rear wheel is starting to 'bottom out' or rub against the undersdie of the air box when it's under load. It seems to be getting worse and doing it more often. Has anyone experience of this?

I have had it out of the bike and taken the spring off, it seems to 'damp' still and the adjuster works but not sure if it damps enough. Could it be that the spring has become compressed over the years and does anyone know the correct uncompressed spring length?

The bottom mounting/bearing needs doing too so maybe a reconditioned unit is in order but I have no idea where to get one - any help and advice gratefully received.

My 2000 txt 280 started bottoming out and i tightened up on the spring with some wierd results. I had the Sach rear shock on mine and that is probably the same as yours. I found that if i turned the little dial to the plus + it would dampen better but after lots of playing around i replaced those spherical bushings at the top and bottom and i found that my problem went away. I am 180 lbs to give you an idea. The top sherical was frozen and the bottom had about 1mm of slop. Start by replacing those shericals. Hope that helps.

--Biff.