Sherco 290 Fan Prob

andyt

Hello all, wondered is their any alternative to paying 90 odd quid for a new fan for my 2000 290, the bike only cost 800

thanks

Just had the same problem, with the same model bike. I bought a gas gas fan for 50 quid. Only needs a very slight modification. works perfectly.

Hello andyt, my fan give up the ghost on my gasgas last year, my mate got me one from the local breakers yard off a 4 stroke scooter. trimmed the fan blades to fit the housing tip top ;):) .And it onley cost

It might be the thermostat. Try disconnecting the two leads that go on to the t-stat and connect them to each other, probably have to use a small piece of wire. This will put power to the fan full time.

Cheers thanks for the replies guys, I already tried the thermostat trick & it was deffo the fan motor. Tried a few searches on maplins & the like then even popped into the local RC car shop but couldn't find anyting suitable for mounting to the cage or actually attaching the fan. So eventually cracked & bought the fan from my local shop 96 quid! it was a 'universal' one that was the motor & fan which I didn't need, but they told me the motors are not for sale individually. Then still had to do some botching as this one sat further forward in the mount & the fan touched the rad.

Anyway it was a first experience of the fun of taking the bike apart then trying to stuff it all back in the correct place & get the tank to sit back on.

Took the cylinder off while I was at it to decoke & check as it was getting a bit loud but I'll save that for another post.

thanks