Wrist Ache From Sherco

gasgasian

I've now fitted Kehien carb a couple of weeks ago, its 100% better on the 290 07 Sherco i have, shock is bedded in and seem mega inproved as well! seems to take a bit to loosen off.

My only prob now seems i get mega wrist ache and pump up from riding it. Did'nt get this from the Gasser i rode, bars in same positon, slightly forward of upright. Have fitted 10mm REP risers, still very hard on wrists. I am 6' 4'' and after a while my arms are tiring, sometmes need to stop and shake my hands to relax them a bit.

Anyone got a remedy??

Regards,

Ian

Boinger Billy, this seems a very complex solution, i need some beer to understand it all....I agree i was all for going back to Gasser when i first got it but its growing on me big time, power is mega..so sharp, Gasser 280 seems a little soft for me now. seems to be de tuned this year. I'm sticking with Sherco for now!!

Ian.. :)

Hi Ian,

I usually ride Gasser's. I rode a Sherco at a UK National a few years back (The White Rose I think - somewhere oop north) and had the same problem, it really hurt my wrists. A year or so ago, I had another spin on a Sherco and encountered the same problem. Only thing I could put it down to was the h/bar shape, I think the Sherco uses a Tomaselli bar which has a different bend to Renthal's or Hebo bars. If you are already using Renthal's then this isn't going to be it! If not, try another set of bars.

Bye, PeterB.

Funny, that it the only part that does not hurt on me, most times!

Weight off arms is important!

Not many choices in fatbar design, and the Renthals aer lower than stock! :)

I should add that I have heard many state the fatbars seem more rigid, less flex and transfer more impact to the rider! I am unsure if this is the case, but I am yet to see any bent or broken ones, not that it could not be done. Mine HAVE been tested! ;)

Edited by copemech

Copemec, i thought the fatbars were for a more flexible bar to crossbrace bars? have you got risers or standard clamps? don't think grips will help. not sure what to do???

The steering is very light maybe "twitchy" could be gripping bars to much....!!! still feel to much weight on forearms though. I've slid forks through yokes to raise front up a bit for more ground clearance, also to slow steering down slightly. Bike feels very short. Forks are very progressive and def as good as marzocchi on Gas Gas, so no probs there!

My left wrist is so tired after a bit i find clutch is hard to pull in.

Anymore suggestions? Narrower bars, higher, wider???

Regards,

Ian. :)

I suppose I could imagine the fatter grips making a difference, slightly bigger grip has got to give a bit more leverage on the bars. Anybody know of any - I may give it a try.

When you think that kids use the same size grips as those of us with hands like shovels it makes sense that we could maybe do with trying something a little bigger.

I suppose I could imagine the fatter grips making a difference, slightly bigger grip has got to give a bit more leverage on the bars. Anybody know of any - I may give it a try.

When you think that kids use the same size grips as those of us with hands like shovels it makes sense that we could maybe do with trying something a little bigger.

Thats right everyone has different sized hands otherwise they would not make gloves in different sizes.It was common knowledge that smaller grips especially if you had big hands led to arm pump on MX bikes.At $20.00 if it does not work out you have only lossed a small amount.

Edited by bigdamo

Seems I do know a few tall fellows (big hands), one recently told me he preferred the half waffle grips due to the larger diameter. I think they are Renthal MX/Enduro.

One thing I did notice early on with the Fatbars on the new Sherco(with there being no crossbar reference) using the verticle plane of the bar set them too far forward(as they taper) and I had to move them back a bit for comfort. Just a thought! The little "tic" marks seem useless as there is not a ref point.

I know that on the standard bars, the Renthals were always a bit wider than the stockers.

i moved my bars back slightly , forcing body weight more onto footpegs and this worked immediately !!!

lowered footpegs will also have the same efeect .

after a daylong ride and still getting left wrist problems (bearable) yet no problems with right wrist , i worked out that permenantly covering the clutch with 1 finger changes your grip position anatomically , so now i try to ride mostly without cover , as i do with right hand !!

i now have to start all over again as i'm upfrading to a nwer sherco :)

The new domino grips are slighty bigger and they're nice and soft, highly recommended.