Scorpa Fuel Problems.

jaymoffatt

Hello all,

I am a new member so I'm not sure if this thread is in the correct place. My Dad has a 2005 Scorpa 250, the problem is that after it has been ridden for a while if you leave it and try to start it again it floods. It floods so badly that it fills the crankcase up with fuel with no hope of starting until all the fuel has been removed. The plug has been burning a nice brown and the reed valves are in good shape. I would think that the bike has been running rich during normal operation but I would expect to see evidence on the plug.

Is it purely a jetting issue, would it be worth just dropping the needle or has someone come across this on one of their own bikes and has a definitive solution for me.

Thank you for your time.

Jay Moffatt.

Falkland Islands.

I had the same prob last week on my 03 Scorpa - had just cleaned out its carb and on first outing flooded real bad. Tapped float bowl with handy branch and hey presto no more flooding!!! must have slightly disturbed the float pin when re instaling....

good luck

:thumbup: jumbostu :)

I had a problem with flooding on my quad a while ago and it turned out to be contaminated fuel, if you put a bit of pipe on the fuel inlet and blow through it hold the carb the right way up with the bowl removed then as you blow in the pipe push the floats up to make sure the valve is shuting properly. just give it a good clean and blow out.

It's a float problem not closing the needle jet shutting the fuel off. Just bend the little tab that closes the jet. The floats might not float or the jet might be gone. Take the bowl off, hook the carb back up to the fuel line and see where the float has to be to shut off the fuel.