Pro-taper High, Medium And Low Bars

daggs888

I put a set of fat bars on my 4RT, I found a difference over standard but still found i was crouching/leaning over the front of the bike too much. 10mm risers has made the world of difference! Much more comfy, I'm able to fling the bike around much more easily, makes me feel in much more control! I think it all depends on your height and preferance, i'm 5'10 and the 10mm rise just suits my riding!

Bar the obvious of tall riders having to bend over less, you want the optimum height so you have the best strenth in your arms when on the bike

Edited by bucki3

I put a set of fat bars on my 4RT, I found a difference over standard but still found i was crouching/leaning over the front of the bike too much. 10mm risers has made the world of difference! Much more comfy, I'm able to fling the bike around much more easily, makes me feel in much more control! I think it all depends on your height and preferance, i'm 5'10 and the 10mm rise just suits my riding!

thanks for the reply Buckie3, where can I get some risers (are they spacers on the top clamp ?) and what sort of money are we talking ?

Cheers

Heath, Riders use a lower bar to get the front of the bike higher (closer to them ) for todays rear wheel riding .. You were correct in your assesment! the balance point is the critical factor and just a few mm can make quite an impact...

r2wtrials Posted Today, 10:14 AM

I had assumed all these years that bar height was related to your own height which made it more comfortable to ride, but i do notice that bar heights seem to be sold related to riding ability these days. i have seen the lowest rise models marketed as for experts and the higher for novice/beginners.... why? Anyone know.

If you see the world round guys and the top British champ riders they all seem to use low rise and have them tipped a long way forward... again, why? Is it that the low front end feels better when the bike is up on the back wheel... or make it easier to get the balance point... any ideas from the Championship riders who visit here?

Ron Posted Today, 12:27 PM

Heath, Riders use a lower bar to get the front of the bike higher (closer to them ) for todays rear wheel riding .. You were correct in your assesment! the balance point is the critical factor and just a few mm can make quite an impact...

Oh man that makes me feel bad, I am always going for the higher bars or the spacers under my fat bars. Of course my front wheel spends most of the time on the ground :thumbup:

As far as bar height and rider height I always thought it was strange that the Lampkin bend Renthals are lower than the Fuji bend Renthals.

Oh man that makes me feel bad, I am always going for the higher bars or the spacers under my fat bars. Of course my front wheel spends most of the time on the ground ;)

As far as bar height and rider height I always thought it was strange that the Lampkin bend Renthals are lower than the Fuji bend Renthals.

Do renthal do a 'lampkin / Fuji' bend ? where did you get your info on this ?

Cheers ..

FWIW, assorted risers on ebay all the time. Someone makes them, just upward.

I just put on a set of up & forward risers on an old TY350. Helps a lot. Haven't ridden yet, just around the driveway, but feels much better. Awfully tall, given the height of the TY pegs to start with, but the layout suits me better and bars forward feels better. Someday the pegs will get lowered and forward. Just a fun bike, not serious. I've moved into the modern world for trials, but still like to play with the old bike.

They were about $USD80, company out of Canada, www.barrisersonline.com Recommended by a reader of the boards, I bought, and I would recommend also. so, thks to jeff.

kcj