Can't Find Neutral

mik60ish

I have a 05 TXT 250 Pro, I'm having problems finding neutral once the engine is running, I've renewed the clutch thinking that would cure it but its still the same the hydraulics seem OK on the clutch side. Is it a case of bleeding the clutch? and if so do you bleed backwards from the clutch end?

Would like to cure it as its pain whilst riding as you have to stop the bike usually to free your clutch hand to mark yourself after riding a section, as you have to observe yourself here in NZ!

Hi Mike,

I thought it was all ok at Tauranga!

Just needed an adjustment for the clutch lever actuation screw, perhaps not then.

From memory you had the right oil, 500ml ATF or 10 weight so that should be ok. Just the bleeding may be a problem - or may be a seal passing in the slave or master - not usually a problem.

I copied this off from another reponse which may help:

Bleed the clutch from the slave upwards, I usually lay the bike over to the left side, then remove the master and fix it to a handy chair so it is higher than the slave. Use a syringe.

Bye, PeterB.

Is there free play or not?

Finding neutral can be a symptom of no free play, necessitating bleeding, but finding nuetral can be bleeding difficult sometimes. I have bled from slave back and do it withlever on the bike and find it easier to see whats going on, ie air in reservoir.

You usually see a squirt here after depressing the clutch lever if the master is working correctly.

Thanks for your help so far, I managed to obtain some mineral oil from a local KTM dealer. So I bled the clutch twice yesterday went out for a practice and its much the same as before a definet clunk when selecting 1st then going up into 2nd, then the gear lever is very hard to move by hand to find neutral with a bit off clutch drag. So today I refitted my original clutch changed oil etc bled clutch again and still hard to move the gear lever between gears!!

Would it be a problem on the clutch push rod actuated by the hydraulic clutch inside the clutch?

Thanks Mike