Fenders

jimg

Jim,

You are not incorrect, but after 5 of them, I can honestly say that I have not "broken" a rear and have only replaced a couple due to shoddy appearance. I still use the screws!(knock on wood)

Granted, I am only a mid level rider and the ones who ride harder will do more damage on a regular basis!

A simple "mud flap" made from duct tape will do wonders at the place the thing tucks under the rear!

I cover the inlet holes in the seat area in a muddy trial, and a strip along the side does not hurt, as well as the area below radiator and holes in skidplate.

Speaking of that, have you tried the new "Gorilla" tape, made by the Gorilla glue people, It is some good stuff! :D

Typically, improper cleaning/ washing of the bike without removing mudguard and protecting and cleaning filters and checking airbox for water after washing does more damage than the trial!

Edited by copemech

Here in the states you can't get anything that screams quality more than a highly sticky and thick gray colored Duct Tape!!!

Why I have even seen a car whose entire front fender was Duct Tape.

Very versatile stuff, gray seat tape, gray boot tape, gray body filler tape....the list is endless

Duct Tape the handyman's secret weapon. (borrowed that one from the Canadians' Red Green Show)

That "Gorilla" tape is cool black and bad ass! I have a sudden urge to apply some to a hairy area and (rip) it off! Any volunteers? :thumbup:

I understand they charge a lot of money for this treatment at the Spa! We are now equipped to do it for a lot less at the trial! Some would probably pay to see!

Now if we could only get Al B. and MichLin back together! That would be a REAL TDN fundraiser! :D

Where is Dan?