First Trials Bike

autodoc345

I'm getting ready to buy my first trials bike, I'm 48 yrs young, and have trail/ desert rode for years, wondering in in the 2-3k range there is any better than another gasgas to look for. I currently have a 280 pampera that I love in the woods, the power is great, a very controlable bike, I would like to get a bike that will help me learn without punishing me to bad for bad habits. If there is something recomended other than gasgas I'm open to that too. thanks for your input. I'm in oregon if someone knows of a bike in good condition. thanks Bruce

I'm getting ready to buy my first trials bike, I'm 48 yrs young, and have trail/ desert rode for years, wondering in in the 2-3k range there is any better than another gasgas to look for. I currently have a 280 pampera that I love in the woods, the power is great, a very controlable bike, I would like to get a bike that will help me learn without punishing me to bad for bad habits. If there is something recomended other than gasgas I'm open to that too. thanks for your input. I'm in oregon if someone knows of a bike in good condition. thanks Bruce

im in the same boat, .. but im over here in missouri.

i havent heard anything bad about any of the newer bikes. gasgas seems to be well liked.

i'll be looking for one too in the same price range, and im also the same age as you.[46]

friend of mine says to try and find a 03' or newer gasgas, soooo.. im still lookin.

weet

• 2 weeks later...

I started trials at 48 myself. I started on an old twinshock 3 years ago and then to a 1999 GasGas 250. Last year I dedided to buy a brand new bike, I was persuaded to buy a Beta 200. The build quality was good but it had carb problems that the factory have known about for years and done nothing to resolve. I sold it this year and bought a 2006 GasGas Pro 200 instead. What a different bike it is! It is much lighter on the steering and seems much easier to handle all round. I guess it's what you are used to and feel happy on.

When you get to the very modern bikes, it's a bit subjective and there's not that much to choose between them so go with what you feel is right.