Forks

zippy

I have a 2000 Sherco 2.9 with Paoli forks. I am changing fork seals, while doing the left fork (this one has the brake caliper mounted to it.) I noticed that the rod that goes up and down in the fork is loose. I turned the fork tube upside down and the rod came falling out. There are 2 plastic (possible teflon) collar-type things inside the fork tube. The rod has a collar at the top. is this rod collar supposed to be between the 2 plastic collars or is this normal. One other thing if the spring is reinstalled the rod pushes directly against the spring and everything stays together, also the rod has some scratches on it.

:D

Zippy, what have you done?

I'll give you a clue, It should be just like the other side!

If you take things apart and turn them upside down, the damper rod will fall out as I recall, and the washer things(valves) have to go in proper order! Look at the parts diagram! :D

According to the Sherco parts book I only see one spring on the left side and it looks like paoli uses one side for compression and one side for rebound. Is this correct?

Zippy,

If you are running out of time before sunday let me know i will camp out up there helping. Tell the misses that lasanga is fine and i will bring video games.

--Biff

Biff,

You are always welcome to camp out here. I don't know if the missus will make lasagna again but I could always give it a go. I got the grill all warmed up.

The 2000 parts book is a bit confusing to me.