Sherco Virgin

the addict

Had my first go on a Sherco today (06 Cab Replica) cant beleive how small and light it felt, the motor is really smooth and picks up instantly, very buzzy feel to it which I loved. Took about 60 seconds of getting used to it and felt I had always rode one. Bars didnt feel low and the gearing/clutch was perfect.

I said to the lads it almost felt like i was cheating, it felt that easy to ride and move about, cant wait for the new one now :banana2:

Still cant beleive how small they are, felt half the size of the Beta

Edited by Betarev3

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a bit of an upopular view but first gear is very useful in tight situations, I find that you have to be perfect with the clutch using 2nd, but 1st will just pull you along. But I am a little weird anyways I mostly use first on flat ground, and second on the hills. If a large obstacle (3ft or so) on flat then I will use second. I am just now starting to use third on the hills. But then again I ride like crap and I am constantly shifting in the section. What is the gearing difference from a 2000 and 02, 04, and 07?

ZIPPY, I think I'm right in saying the 03 models onward had their 1st gear raised (very close to 2nd on other bikes) and recall the one and only tip I got from 'quiet-man' Jarvis was'' do as much as possible in 1st to help you learn the bike and technique''

I'm still learning!!??

Thanks Ham2.

I thought that I had heard that later models were geared higher. That would take some getting used to for me, the 2000 2.9's first gear is like a tractor.

I do think that 1st gear is underestimated in what can be done in it, but I have heard a couple people mention that if they wind out first gear and get in a little goofy situation and need a little more out of the bike that first gear don't have anymore to give. That could very well be true or maybe that comes down to technique and riding style. Not sure.

Not sure about 2K model, but '01 had a real low first gear, '02 real high, and '03up just about right. But as you stated, you might come up short on a substantial obsticle.

Hooking up in the revs with a blip of throttle will put you on your backside before you even know what happened! ;)

Maybe it looks better in real life but those photos make it look like Sherco is aiming for the 'The most colours on a trials bike award 2007' :blink:

Anyway, hope you can get on with it ok especially buying 'blind' like you did...

Have fun scratching/scraping and dinging :(