Sherco Virgin

the addict

I am pretty sure the Caby tank is different to the normal tank and its certainly different to the 06 Caby,James bust his tank in the first week of getting his bike and they kept sending him 06 Caby tanks which didnt fit anywhere near.

The K is real easy to go in but you have to slide the airbox boot away about 10mm so the carby fits snug into the reed block housing, not a problem as the pipe is long any way. I think Sherco reduced the tank capacity by about 1 and a half litres for a nice fit (Thats why i keep running out of petrol :D ) The throttle pipe into the carb just touches the top of the tank now and the carb has to be swivelled abit once in so it fits in the best place so it doesnt foul the tank.

Bike was really good yesterday with the Boyesens and bar risers, I bought a 10mm set with the 20mm and James used the 10mm ones yesterday which has made things easier for him on the front end. I now feel I can put the bike where i want it (front end wise) like I could the Beta, made a big difference to my riding and confidence,hopefully now all the things the Sherco will do that the Beta wouldnt (things I couldnt do more like) will come together now.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be worth a try Mark, but I have been used to Betas for the past few years which are high to start with. Never thought a smaller bike might feel too small but the Sherco does, mainly because of what I have been used to rather than anything else. I'm five foot **** all in me boots so you would have thought the Shercos smaller size would of been easy to click with, but saying that its only the Bar height on the Caby that feels so odd.

If you get no luck sourcing the risers over there pm me and I'll see what I can do from here. Had a go on Ralphs and Ians bikes Thursday (Rev 3's) and couldnt beleive how big they felt

Cracking day today at Earl Shilton, bike was abosolutley perfect, picks up really nice from nothing and front end is really easy to put it where you want. Met up with AtomAnt,Ralph and Ryan had a great day, lots of camber climbs, rocks and even some stream work. Used second a hell of alot where I might have used first before and the Caby will pull and pull everywhere. Atom had a quick go and found a fluffy part on the throttle but higher up the rev range which doesnt bother me at all, it was the very low part I have been worried about and its cured now.

Did quite a few things today on it I couldnt do before and a couple I did nt think I ever would this year anyway so good progress already, confidence is at an all time high but not high enough for the 8 foot splat yet.

Lads had a good ride, Ian enjoyed himself and he went up a nasty step out of the river about 5 foot high that had all of our arses twitching abit first go. Couldnt think of a single thing today i would or would want to change now,

Addict / copemech

what to the Boyseen reeds actually change about the power delivery ?

I loaned a keihin for the weekend off a mates Gas Gas but I can t fit it as the air filter rubber wont reach the back of the carb and I think I need to bend the cable housing on the top of the carb to route the throttle cable either under or over the head steady. I dont want to bend someone elses carb so I was thinking of changing reeds first.

cheers

Baldilocks

might get us to 8 pages with all the spaces !

Glen, I first tried Boyesens on my Rev3, ran terrible from new and I put up with/experimented with settings for months, main problem was (as was the caby) fluffy bottom end, just at the point you opened the throttle slowly, say turning sharply up a hill from a camber. Stuck the Boysens in and it transformed the bikes running all the way through but the biggest difference was its pull from no throttle. The Rev3 was just about impossible to stall no matter how little throttle you used coming out of a turn or up a hill, have a read of the post i did about them in the Beta forum.

The Caby although perfect ruuning everywhere in the rev range (bit lean mid throttle but not a problem) it had an extremely fluffy pickup, far worse then the Beta had. Made it (or me anyway) next to impossible to hop/float the front about nicely and I was finding i had to ride faster to keep the revs up encase the bugger stalled on low revs. Stuck them in and again bike is sorted bottom end, I would nt say the transformation has been as great as the beta as the Caby ran perfect anyway barring the low pickup. I have a feeling this is perculiar to the Caby though rather than the standard bikes but i havent tried another yet.

Again not sure about the K against the Dellorto, this is my first Sherco, I have heard the K gives more power,maybe a little agressive but i certainly have no bad things to say about it.

I would say the Boyesens change the power delivery for the better, seems to smooth things out nicely and gives a load more grunt to the engine rather than all out revs and go. The V Force probably do the same or in a different way but they are over a 100 quid more over the Boyesens. I dont worry about the Caby stalling now at all turning up and around a tree etc or at the end of a steep climb with no run up where your running out of revs,few quick hops to bring the revs back and away you go.

Always got mine from Motormerlin on Ebay, (Mike Husband) buy em tonight and they should be with in a few days, cant say for definate they will make any difference to your bike as I havent tried them in a normal Sherco but it has made a big difference to the two bikes i have had.

8 pages here we come

Edited by The Addict

The Boyesens are dual stage, and the firsr stage is just more progressive and responsive.

No reed stops either for the second stage, revs to the moon once you get the main jet sorted so it will clear!

That cable housing that Baldi is referring to is a real pain. You have to cut off the stocker, about 4mm, and re thread the inside so the adjuster will go in far enough for the thing to idle. If you cut just w wee bit too much, you can't go back to the Dellorto cause the adjuster then is not long enough.

If you bend it to go under the head support you may have problems getting the cable end back through the kink. Even on the stocker I been running it to the left side and above the support. Had to bevel the support a bit on the right side to keep it from rubbing into the tank with the sharp edge on the '07.

It holds more fuel but does not really fit worth crap!

Baldi, you can also cut a couple rounds off the throttle spring, makes things a bit lighter and smoother. Lube the throttle tube inside with light oil or motor oil, just a bit will do!

If you cut off the spring on the K, be careful, as I recall if you cut more than about 1.5 rounds it may become too light. Feels good but noa a positive return. I spec of dirt from anywhere and it could stick because it cannot overcome the friction.

"A", stop spilling your fuel on the sticker and it will last! Keep a rag handy if you do, and be quick! :D

I am pretty carefull when refueling at most trials/practice, but some of the trials we do involve a fuel stop in the middle of no-where in the p****** rain, think most of it gets spilt then,saying that though quite like the bike without the centre decal now anyway.

Slight problem now though, bike has no rebound damping at all?????? felt abit like a pogo stick for a while so I knocked the rebound off abit tonight. No change at 8 clicks out so went out fully, no difference? anyone got any easy answers/cures? only had the bike 9 weeks so far and its not done much :wacko:

If it is f****d what the best shocker to replace it with? Ohlins etc and where can i get one in the UK or US quite quickly,back end on the bike is abit lively to say the least. Hope Sherco will replace the bugger as its less than three months old,are these Olle shockers b*****ks?

Edited by The Addict

Makes no difference in or out mark, same both ways, going to slack the spring off today and see if i can get any amount of damping on the bugger before i make some calls. Havent noticed any oil leaks but there again it gets washed straightout the van most times.

If you have turned the clicker out past 8 turns you will have upset the seat in the rebound valve, as Copemec said turn in until it bottoms out then 2 to 3 clicks out.

It sounds like the seal on the piston head inside the shock has let go and passing oil.

I have a great suspension guy here on Australia that can service and fix them.

Johnnysherco

Thanks alot guys :wacko: just tried it and hey presto, I have damping again <_< so whats the score then? why has this happened? could it still be f****d? might save up and get an Ohlins anyway though,

Johnnysherco, how are you getting on with your Caby? did you have the 06 one as well

PM me addict and I'll give you the mobile of a guy who'll get you an ohlins, he can also service them if it aver needs it. My Ohlins has been on since the bike was two weeks old, no problems so far. fully adjustable damping only snag is the screw is behind the filter box.

cheers