Sherco Virgin

the addict

B) I know Barry, i would have taken spare fuel but i didnt realise how far it was to the first stream sections :D Ralph kindly bought me a 500ml fuel bottle a few weeks ago after the Dave Roland double run out :wub: but as i said i didnt take it. Dad went back and brought me some fuel back in his trusty 1 litre Lucozade bottle :D as he was the only one who knew the way yesterday. Took fuel the second time out and used it, last time out suggested I left it as we wouldnt be long and Dad said "Take the ******* bottle you ****" so I filled it quick.

Got the Hipwell coming up next month, second road Trial on the caby so really,really dont want to run out there, Ralphs going to get me a 750ml as a back up as well...........................

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the keihins drip fuel like the much loved mikuni on the Beta ?

cant believe virtually the same engine as my 290 only does 15 miles to a tank.

unless all your sections are graded hill climbs ?

just thought, the petrol tap leaked on mine, are you sure yours isnt ?

Thanks alot guys B) just tried it and hey presto, I have damping again :D so whats the score then? why has this happened? could it still be f****d? might save up and get an Ohlins anyway though,

Johnnysherco, how are you getting on with your Caby? did you have the 06 one as well

Hello The Addict

I can now let you know how I am getting on with my Caby 07, on setup I have fitted the 07 bars as I did not like the bend of the caby ones as well as fitting 5mm spacers under them, I run a slow action throttle as well.

I also run a gear setup of 9 x 44 on the sprockets and I have fitted one of our new YSS rear shocks which gives me 22 compression adjustments and 60 rebound adjustments, this shock is very plush and progressive in its dampning and doesent bottom out like the standard shocks. I did a trial at the weekend and this model sherco is a beauty. The engine is so crisp and sweet and smooth it is a pleasure to ride. The total package out of the box has been the best Sherco that I have had since I started riding them, it feels so small and nimble yet when you wind on the throttle it just goes. I like the setup with the throttle cable run now and the Kehin fitted from the factory, that is neatly done.

The looks of this bike is outstanding as well and the red rims finish it off. The 2 stage mapping makes a difference the the engine with map 2 giving it heaps of top end, though I will be using map 1 for most of my riding. BTY the 07 black bars look great on the bike instead of the gunmetal silver caby ones. This bike seems to get grip where my 07 290 struggled and I have not found the answer to that one yet as it is not the rider getting better ha. I would say that if the 08 bike is anything like this Caby replica then Sherco have a winner for 08, I will let you know more as it happens.

Cheers

Johnnysherco

Thanks for the info Johnnysherco B) as you say a great bike once sorted out a little to personal preference. You ve got nearly the same gearing as mine, you must have up ya a*** sections as well that need very low gearing. Yer bars are odd? well low? wished i had found it out earlier but perfect now with risers and renthals.

Baldilocks, carb only wets itself a little if its tipped over, nowt like the mukuni though, bit like Dad when he doesnt quite get up a nasty step and lets abit out, not much but enough to make a mess :D The 07 Caby tank is alot smaller than the 06 tank and standard tank thats why I'm running low most of the time, got the fuel bottles now so shouldnt happen again?????????

Edited by The Addict

Baldi,

I thinks he is funning bout us old farts again.

My old friend Arthor Itis likes the quick throttle best, with a bit slower bike! He does not have to move as much to do a big section with big throttle! Always a trade off! He still gets a mental block against grabbing the double big handful and revving to the moon before you go, like the pros! :D

I think my best throttle was the ali tube whick I did a bit of modding to. Starts off like the slow throttle, but progressively increases to standard quick design. Seemed to work well, I need to do another! B)

Apart from fixing my leaky rear wheel, ran a bead of silicone on the edge of the rim tape then ran insulating tape over it, blew it up to 60 pound and its still there 24 hours later. Probably lucky, but it has worked and only took 5 mins to do, been leaking very slowly since i got the bike, not enough to flat it in a day but more annoying than anything else.

Trying a Plat plug Thursday see if theres any difference to starting the bike when warm, not been 100% at starting up once warm since the Boyesens went in? not sure why? and no big deal as a little take is fine for a big give.

Ordered the Jitsie air screw/Idle bling bits today so should make altering the mix alot easier at events

Edited by The Addict

Would have been nice if you had observed that rim band closely as it came off!

It is ALL about how it sets in the recessed groove, you see, and the slightest disruption can screw you, even off new!

If you used the hardening type selicone RTV, you will be screwed if it is ever touched ! You will have a massive job with cleaning and starting over! :unsure:

Mine does that addict despite removing rim tape and applying silicone to every spoke which has always worked in the past. I applied soapy water to the wheel to find where it was coming from and its actually the seal between the tyre and the rim thats leaking very slightly. I think probably a tyre thats slightly out of spec. I'll find out when I fit the next new one !

Still got 60 pound in the tyre tonight :unsure: hopefully my 5 minute bodge has stopped the leak :rotfl: dare not take that rim tape off Cope, might never go back on the same again, and I dont fancy 4 hours trying either so I'll see how this goes. Hopefully when I deflate the tyre to 4 pound or so the wheel wont leak Baldilocks, hope its not the pressure in it now thats stopping it leaking.

Got the iridium plug today so stick it in tonight ready for playtime tomorrow :lol: didnt have the Jitsie carb adjusters in stock so might have to wait for those till next week. 3rd set of rear pads going in tonight?.........................dont they wear out quick?????

I applied soapy water to the wheel to find where it was coming from and its actually the seal between the tyre and the rim thats leaking very slightly. I think probably a tyre thats slightly out of spec. I'll find out when I fit the next new one !

The last two bikes I bought came with new Michelins and both of them leaked air out of the sidewall. No big deal really, as I always change to Dunlops which are a tighter fit and never leak...

:unsure: I suppose! With proper lube upon assembly, nothing will leak! It IS a very crytical process and you must be (or get) good at it!

The rare excption is the tire with a casting defect that will leak at the bead area. A small dab of the selicone RTV in that area only will cure it. Most of the time, they have simply not beaded up proper due to lack of lube. I have seen many that were never properly seated from the get go! Fronts as well, they wobble a lot! :rotfl: