Sherco Virgin

the addict

Adrian(Lewisport) said $750 for the Ohlins and $600 for the TRP.

I think he accepts the quid things, so do the math and add the tax! Est. 400 uk!(no squiggly L here) or 350uk!

I am just not sure yet about the stock shocker, it iIS much quicker than the older Shercos, even on click 3, damping is minimal on mine, but rides fine, just seems to float over stuff! No leaks, yet! :wacko:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baldilocks, I took the rev plates off the Rev 3 and the Caby as the Boyesens come with their own little plates. No limit to opening by the looks of it, make sure you loctite the screws in well and the petals are really flat against the block surface (both petals) if one is letting in a slight gap turn it over, use a really good fitting screwdriver to take out and return the screws into block. Hope you notice a difference :wacko: I richened the Caby on the pilot and looks like I may have to weaken off the main with the K, might not have to re jet on the Dellorto though like the Mikuni on the Beta.

Let us know what you think - difference or not?

Baldilocks, got those Boyesens in yet? ;)

Bike was great Thursday, will make a note of all the settings tomorrow encase any other caby riders are having problems as I know of four out of four.

So far

Boyesen reeds

Map set at 1 all the time

20mm Bar risers on Renthal Fatbars

RYP wiring loom

Standard Carb settings but 42 pilot and 3/4 turn out on screw

Twin Air Filter/PJ1 Filter spray

BPR5ES plug

75mls Castrol TTS in 5 litres of 50/50 AvGas/Super unleaded

Dexron3 ATF Gear Oil

Raptors

One tooth less on front sprocket (For Dads sections only) 4th is real nice now but

I can only get 17mph in 5th on the road

Standard clutch lever/long front brake lever

Alloy throttle

Various anodised bolts provided by the Goat

Galfer pads

Peeling stickers

Slight weeping from right hand fork leg

Fairish amount of scuffs and scratches,.......last time I let Ralph ride it

Will take some measurements of shock rebound/compression and forks tomoz as well as bar position

Edited by The Addict

Ohlins will be ordered end of the month once me wages go in the bank, slacked off the spring a little and the damping is much better now so looks like the original shock is ok but doesnt like a tight spring on her for some reason?

A great deal of our sections around here are mega tight, not the best land in the country as i am sure you know so clubs have little choice but to make everything up ya own a*** tight to make them hard. Will go back to standard though whenever we go up North or Wales as it will be way too low in the more open sections and streams.

You need a bloody sharp knife to get the reeds out of the vacuum pack, I used a scalpal and cut around each petal and peeled the plastic back so not to bend them

Just a thought, and a bit of experience with experimenting as I have already dun it! You can do what you like.

Even in the tightest sections, a change to a lower gearing is not neccessary. A single tooth on the front is equal to a change of four in the rear which is easy but way too much. A change of two on the rear is more acceptable but not neccessary.

You MUST simply try your best to master the clutch, and adding the 7.5wt ATF will not help you as it becomes too grabby and difficult to find the sweet spot,(unless you are a pro) which you must master! The oil spec is 10-40, much thicker, and allows better feel for the "sweet spot" in which you can apply the PROPER amount of power in any situation, reguardless of gearing and revs. Try it on a simple slick, grassy hillside, anywhere, any gear.

Practice riding ANY section(even the tight ones) in ANY gear from 1-3 and see the difference. It takes practice, but you will be better off and able to handle situations better. Another little tip, the shortie clutch levers have a longer arm to the sweet spot on the lever and thus a more progressive feel, ck it out! On the medium clutch lever, positioning of the finger is much more critical. As is staying out of the mid range "hit" area when performing quick and precice maneuvers off the bottom such as floaters which can throw you off!

Once again we verge upon th area where and why i have stuck with the properly jetted Dellorto, as after a number of experimentations, it is just easier to live with, as power is not the issue, but controlability of the beast. Nothing wrong with the K carb, smooth, but just more agressive it seems! Takes some getting used to! I wish for a 26mm version of it, but not available!

Cheers, and m2c, keep at it! ;)

Edited by copemech

Mark, you havent seen one of Dads sections yet ;) space and time seems to alter once you enter the start cards, it is a very dark place most of the time and the only help riding one of those buggers is a GPS systems and very low gearing. A bigger gear would be better but by the time you reach the last part of the section your hands cant hold on anymore. Albert Einstien once said " Only three things are infinite, the universe, human stupidity, and one of Dads sections, " ;)

Put the boyesens in today, the bike feels bit quicker but today wasnt a good day for learning to play with more power. Had to take the mixture screw out as it was running a bit weak at first, might try a bigger pilot jet. With the rain today was vey muddy , lots of third gear stuff. Might be able to tell better when I get on some rocks.

Yea, we have a couple of "Dads" around here too! Sections will kill you! I need a hinge in the middle of the bike, a rest stop in mid section, and umbrella girls at the end cards just to collect my honest 3. The old farts can for the most still outride the lot on an old TY or something. Makes me feel really old AND dumb! ;)

Boyesens do seem to have made difference to how high it revs and now I have a bigger pilot jet in the dellorto (34 instead of 33) it seems a lot more responsive generally, like it picks up a little bit quicker, theres not weak spot and it reves higher.

Copemech / Addict, cheers I wont be spending

Glad it worked Baldilocks B) hope its given abit more grunt low down as well.

Day out in the Welsh streams yesterday, thought i had got abit of water in the system early on as the bike was loading up quite abit and got generally worse as the morning went on. Dad said his 315 used to do it with the weather getting abit cooler and the cold water splashing on the engine etc, a small turn of the air screw sorted it out (about one 8th of a turn) the Keihin is obviously abit sensitive to temp and pressure. Must order a set of those new Jitsie air screw/idle bolts for the K, will be invaluable i recon.

PS...................ran out of ******* petrol again :D

Edited by The Addict