Sherco Virgin

the addict

Copemech, sounds like a very good idea with your new bearing for the brake pedal, however has it left your rear brake now attacting like a switch, with no smooth progression as you apply the pedal pressure? Just a thought but might it be an idea to try pads from a different pad manufacturer to get that feel back in to your pedal.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baldi,

I was speaking to the local dealer yesterday, If I understood correctly, the prices on the '08 Sherco 2.9 has gone to $6900, up about $300 with the euro rates. A new Gasser is typically only a bit less.

I seem to recall the price on the 4T Beta at $8500, and would guess the Mont would be similar.

I also seen on the US Beta website there would be a 10% increse in the '08 prices due to the rates!

As a referance, I happened by a local Big Brand shop over the weekend. The same $6500 price as an '07 Sherco will buy you a nice new '07 model 650cc Suzuki V-Strom roadburner, $8500 will get you the 1000cc version!

As a comparison, I seem to recall the '01 Sherco at $5000 new! :huh:

I just got around to reading this forum after skipping it from the beginning. Lots of good info! I'll put in my 2 cents. Take the gasket off fuel cap and make one the same size out of rubber. The stock one is way too hard. Mark I saw that chain, shame on you. We ride in an area of coal mining, the ground is very acidic, and after a power washing you park the bike and come back the next day and the chain is bright orange. I have found the Klotz KLR chain lube works nicely to protect the chain, almost like a clearcoat. Not wild about its lubrication properties, so I just mainly use it to protect the side plates and use some other chain lube on a regular basis. Most problems with the rim band leaking I have traced to the valve stems, the base is just too small! I have remachined some automotive ones with success (the base is twice as big). I rethread the whole thing the same size as the valve cap. I run ATF in the front forks and really like it. I have been using Copemech's swingarm guards all season, and they still look like new!

Mark I saw that chain, shame on you.

You think that chain looks bad now, you should have seen it when the bike arrived, after sitting on a boat in a container, after being put away wet, after last years TDN when Cody trained it a bit for the weekend! The surface of the plates is a goner! I wire brushed it for hours! Still works good though, not worn, and I'm one of those that just use the WD40 after a wash! :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

Seems I have ridden at least a dozen times now with it and no problems! Pedal is still reasonably tight with proper clearance and such. No problems with feel once accustomed.

I did note that on the "08 model I had a ride on last weekend, they seem to have made some minor changes to the pedal once again. Seem only slight though, with maybe a bit of reinforcement at the tip. ;)

Hi Baldilocks

You can retard the timing of the Cabystany model with the 2 stage mapping. The stator plate has the same slotted holes in it as before. I have retarded my one by 5mm and it runs very smooth on map 1.

I am trying a longer header pipe on the exhaust system for more low down torque to suit my style and level of riding. I have also been working to develop a new shock absorber with 22 compression adjustments and 60 rebound settings. This shock can be dialled in to suit any type or level of trials riding and I now have 3 up and running with no problems. I read in the latest YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE that Dabill has a shock with a remote reservoir on it so at least I am on the right track with my way of thinking. I have been using the standard Sherco spring on the shock and so far so good. I also had a ride on the 08 Sherco 4T and was very impressed with it, so much so that, it will be the next new Sherco for me.

Johnny Sherco

Stump Magnet, good to hear, still waiting to hear from the others, but i suppose Titanium had to make the special Ti bushing before trying! That is ok, maybe market them together as a totally corossion - proof kit! Meanwhile, i'm going to send one to Steve Fracy to try on his 4T as well. I figure if he likes it, then Ishy will want a few and I can charge him extra for the R&D work!

Good success with packing the boot on the rear cylinder with the silecon paste(dielectric) it seems so far. No water entry or corrosion where the rod goes through the boot or up into the assembly.

;)