Sherco Virgin

the addict

Done plenty of tyres Cope, always use tyre soap and get it seated correct, two pops at 50-60 pound. Been a fair while since Ive had a leaky rim/spokes though, saying that it was very slight,had a few mins spare so tried the silicone whilst the tyre was off and its worked,but for how long is anyones quess.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baldilocks, I still count myself as a Sherco Virgin untill I buy another one, not lost me cherry on this one yet i recon :unsure: so might be a few pages to go yet. Getting well used to the bike now and feel comfy on it like I did the Beta, know when shes going to grip or not and where the best power is to ride.

Great day today with Dad, spent 42 hours on a small grassy bank ten foot square with a root on it :rotfl: Dad still managed to make the section 455 metres long though :lol:

The Iridium plug made no real difference to the running of the bike but totally cured the hot starting problem?? not sure how but its gone now......................oh and the tyre stayed up all day :)

Legend........................haha yer we do ,dont we ;)

Edited by The Addict

I have been a bit standoffish on the irridium plug as it is a resistor type, and stuck with the platinum.

Did you run the preset gap at .027-.028?(0.7mm) Should give a bit fresher response off the bottom as well, barely detectable though.

The prime benefit is the fact the electrodes are more open and exposed for better ignition and such.

How the heck do you eat up that many rear brake pads? I have never replaced ANY! Of course I don't really use it much either.

Current project on the list is the bronze oilite bearing to replace that little s-i-t-y roller thing on the rear pedal that makes it loose and corrodes badly. Will update on this later. :unsure:

Ran the plug with standard gap Cope, might see what happens with your spec on it though :unsure: be interested in your bearing mod as well when ready :rotfl: . Must be a Galfer fault with the rear brake? or I must be dragging the bugger whilst riding? cant understand why the pads wear out so quick????? along with grips/fuel/2 stroke oil/ATF/air filter oil and wages :lol:

I put new Goldfren pads in the sherco front and back before ssdt. Back ones got changed on the Saturday night at Reeth 3 day, front ones are still in. Suggest you are riding with it on or you have damaged the disc ?

terrain makes a difference though its mainly rocky streams where I ride so dont use it much.

Lots of hills here Baldilocks and major use of the back brake most of the time, first set to be honest were ***** so didnt have them in long so its really only 2 sets in three months not the three. Forgot about the Goldfren pads you said a while back though, do they stop the squealing on the front brake? Im not too bothered but its getting on some of lads tits fairish,

Edited by The Addict

its not the pad type you are useing its probably more to do with the 8 hour practice every thursday + numerous eves on the sleepers + all those sneaky practice sestions in the week with caber and the goat + the trial and a practice every sunday !!!!!!!!!!!

Plug was probably perset to that spec as the platinums are. The resistor adds another electrical obsticle to an already weak(at low revs) output system and that is why i have some reservations running that gap on it. If you have to go back to the .6mm gap to run reliably, you have lost some benifit of the application to begin with.

Installed the bronze bearing for the rear pedal and works perfectly! Very tight, smooth pedal actuation now. Will try to get more ride time on it tomorrow! :icon_salut:

Well, a bit of riding today with the new bronze bearing installed. All I can say a this point is that it seems to work REALLY well! If anything it may be TOO sensitive, as there is no longer lost motion in the wobbly pedal! Might take some getting used to after a number of years of the wobbler! May give it a bit more free play, yet there seems to be no more friction in the action than in the litle rollers. You could lock it down with one finger, just like the front! :icon_salut:

Edited by copemech

Even after polishing , you can still see the chitting marks where the little rollers on the standard bearing "dig in" to the bushing or "spacer" as it is called out in the parts book.

This one is certainly reusable, it is relatively new, but I have seen a few that were much worse. The little rollers in the bearing itself simply do not have sufficient load bearing surface area to do the job without distorting the opposing surface.