Sipapu, Nm Nationals Address

rock hopper

Just an add on to this.

I am here in detroit at less than 1000 feet.

I know sipapu is over 8000 but is the event over this altitude?

If i am going it seems like i would need to rejet. gasgas 300 pro.

I should be probably posting this in gasgas and probably be calling motomex to get a better idea.

But i thought i would ask if any locals were around online.

Thanks in advance.

--Biff

Hey Biff, I was talking to a guy last weekend and he said the trial in NM is around 9100 ft. or so. Had to rejet in CO, around 8000 ft. or so, so I'd imagine the jetting would be similar in NM. I'm sure you could get the jets you need there at the trial, I did last weekend. If you don't know, there is a primitive motel there on site but the rooms are filling up fast.

Aaron

102-105 main and 38 pilot. And yes it only goes up from the staging area. Easy on the rear brakes coming down, I`ve seen them overheat badly. Don`t forget to use the throttle on the long down hill slopes as you can stick a piston real easy. Seen guys ride from top to bottom without any throttle and wonder why the bike lost power. It`s almost like running a 2 stroke without oil.

It`s a good trials area and we are having a 2 day event this weekend. Hope you are in shape. Walking sections at 9000 ft is the hardest part.

• 2 weeks later...

Good thought on the altitude training! When I was a kid my parents and I went out west and we rode a trials near Donar pass. I remember almost passing out and puking! Thanks for the answer guys..... Aaron... I dont know yet. June is such a busy trials month and I am moving so I will know in July some time.

Thanks

--Biff