Wet Weather Gear Whats Best

tilertrialler

competed in forest trophy trial on sunday, great event as mention else were, but hey was it wet and cold.

I only had trial trousers and trial jacket on and I froze, took some of the enjoyment from a great trial for me.

so I need a decent set of wet weather gear, so what is the best, I dont expect to keep bone dry but I need to keep that wind off, ( dont say stop eating the beans) . who was wearing what and how was it. saw some guys in combat jackets??.

and some guy had shorts on?????

I use armed forces issue gortex they work really well wind, water and migie proof :D and there is a chance the observer wont see your foot go down it being camoflage :D but then again I am in raf and get them for free. but you can buy them from army navy stores ;)

Edited by thespikeyone

The Light Walking Waterproofs do the job of keeping you dry. I use the trousers when following NYL. You do need something warm under them but they do stop the rain and wind. As as suggested any Jacket using Gore-Tex will keep you warm as well as dry. NYL also has a XC-Ting waterproof. It keeps the rain out nicely.

All the leading trials clothing manufacturers make wet weather gear,

personally i have got one of the hebo soft shell jackets,it has been

well tested in pouring rain all day and i stayed dry!

Alternatly the mountain biking gear is really good and you

get more for your money than with the trials gear!

Best bet is a Cycling goretex jacket - wait for the sales - half price! & cheapo nylon trousers over your usual trials kit. Invaluable on the day were neoprene backed gloves & several pairs of dry gloves off any sort really.

competed in forest trophy trial on sunday, great event as mention else were, but hey was it wet and cold.

I only had trial trousers and trial jacket on and I froze, took some of the enjoyment from a great trial for me.

so I need a decent set of wet weather gear, so what is the best, I dont expect to keep bone dry but I need to keep that wind off, ( dont say stop eating the beans) . who was wearing what and how was it. saw some guys in combat jackets??.

and some guy had shorts on?????

A cheap but effective jacket can be found in the cycle wear dept at www.towsure.com only four quid - its clear PVC with mesh vents under the arms and velcro fastening at the front.

Similar to those worn by professional cycling teams.

I also go for a cheap pair of waterproof pants,