Aberfeldy Two Day

bigfoot

I would just like to thank the Perth and District Club for the trial at the weekend. The event was initially cut from three laps on Saturday to two then the second lap was scrapped as so many retired and the main burn became unrideable and the climb from section 2 up on the moor became a serious challenge. (I know of at least one rider who took an hour to get up that 200 yard hill.) This then led on to Sunday being cancelled altogether as the rain continued to fall. This was followed by a mass exodus from the camping site as it began to look like Glastonbury. Even with a down hill run from the back of the field we couldn't get out without the help of a bunch of pushers and Fergus in his 4x4. Luckily there was a dry area at the nearby Menzies House where a whole pig was on the spit roast.

The club had done a huge amount of work to set this up and its a great shame that all the effort was for nothing. The only consolation for those who stayed was the great party at Menzies House on Saturday night. Great food, live band and a bar. What more could you ask for at the end of a very tough days trials?

Thanks to Perth and District Club, observers and officials.

I'm with Bigfoot, a terrific event ruined by the weather. Just getting up through the forest after the 2nd section on the second lap was an achievement, as well as getting away from section 6 back to the trail! Some brilliant sections, almost all of which hadn't been used before on the one day event in recent years. Big thanks to all involved, glad that those that stayed on had a good time at night.

Ye the trial would have been a realy good 1 but what can u do about that scottish weather! i drowned my bike at section 9 on lap 1 and had a long push back to the start! They should have put some cards out at that hill out of the forest for a section lol.

Great effort. The sections were spot on. Free swimming lessons for all who attempted the river sections. The Trialsledging through the woods made me laugh and laugh. Well done to all who laid it out and went to the trouble of organising the food and music. A great day out

I'll second that - I didn't leave the start field all day and still had a laugh! We did get a three-minute break in the rain where we dashed out, pitched our tents in record time, grabbed lunch out of the car and almost made it back to the safety of the results motorhome (cheers Alasdair and Colin!) before it came back on again...other than that it rained. And rained. And rained. We thought we had another dry spell later on, but it turned out that we were just creating so much smoke trying to cook our lunch that the rain was evaporating in the heat before it hit us. <_<

However, the fantastic spread put on at the House Of Menzies was worth the wait - congratulations to Mike, Kate, Wendy, Rab the Butcher and all the other happy helpers that spent their evening feeding us all so well. The barn was a welcome haven from the rain, and the band and the bar just topped it off! And as for the little Dad Dancers providing the entertainment....classic!!! :D

Thanks go to all at Perth & DMC for the huge effort they went to - not only arranging the trial, but for all their dashing about during the day in the hope of salvaging something out of the weekend. The only problem they've got now is that we'll all be back for more next year! Well done chaps! :D