125 Clutch

jonathan collier

In a catalogue I have thats a couple of years old it was 165 dollars thats about 80 pounds. I have ordered from them a 3 way adjustable lever and as the pound is strong against the dollar it was cheaper than a normal Domino lever ordered in ths country. In the clutch kit you get the lever and a new featherlight cable as well as the plates etc. Phone them 615. 789. 5956. You will have to look up the code I cant remember it sorry. I rang them around 5.30 pm and got hold of them. I dont know the time difference. :lol:

Bo

I'll have to stick my two cents worth in and say the BJ clutch plates are good if you are a competent rider, they are comsistant but they GRAB! (it's the dimpling on the plates). If you are a novice or club rider I'd extend the actuating arm like the one we did for YAMFAN. this gives a more feel on clutch take up (over a broader movement ) and it's easier to slip the clutch with more response.

I have only installed the BJ plates on one riders bike, but he went back to standard after a few weeks of them in the bike. That's not to say they are not right, just maybe not for everybody. Try the clutch lever or actuating arm extension first would be my advice (for what it's worth)

Edited by arnoux

I got significant improvement by replacing the 3 stock inner fibre plates with BJ plates. The BJ plates may be too abrasive for the outer alloy clutch parts. I kept the stock steel plates and just put a cross hatch pattern on'em with some medium grit paper. Changed nothing else and the engagement was more progressive. My 125 is a later model that already had the hydraulic setup, but not the longer arm.

• 1 month later...

I finally got to try the new lever today, not had chance to go out for a while. I can see a difference already, it is possible to use the clutch as normal. I would recomend this mod to all 125 owners. I got mine from the USA but noticed there is a firm on ebay UK doing them. Thanks to all for the info. :blink: