Misano - Aussie 1,2

subanator

By the looks of it, Stoner is making this look easy, but watching the interviews it is just as much as a battle for setup and tyre choice as any other team. So for getting it right more times than the others and off pole, good on him. :unsure:

Also the best part is no one had previous track data for the change of track direction, which shows the win was even sweeter to skill with team input and not ass or familiarity from previous experience.

To see another Aussie on the podium with him (Chris Vermullen) is great to see from my countries point of view, as 3 Aussie riders were in the top 10. Good form coming through.

Is was still sad to see Rossi pull out due to bike failure, it would have been just as good to see where he would have finished or beaten.

If Stoner can put the next 2 races away, the title is his! Woo Hoo! :rotfl:

If Stoner can put the next 2 races away, the title is his! Woo Hoo! :unsure:

The title is already his if we are all honest !! 80+ points lead with not the many races left it would take a lot for him to lose it !!.. Good on him.. I am a big Rossi fan and was saddened to see him break down.. The race in my opinion was very boring with not much overtaking at all.. I think Yamaha have given up, and like what one of the commentators said, they have started developing for next year . they will have a lot on catching up with the power of the Duke!!!

Edited by Dougie Pumpkin

the ducati is by far the best bike.

if we put rossi and stoner on the same machine i reckon rossi would easily win!

is it me or has MotoGP got realy boring?

jack h

How do you work that one out........

When Rossi moved to Yamaha everyone was jumping up and down banging on about how he was winning on an inferior bike because his talent was worth so much a lap over the other riders - what a load of bull - and an insult to other riders. The Yamaha wasn't inferior, it wasn't the same bike as the previous year's duff model, Yamaha and Gerry Burgess put in an awful lot of work and redesigned it for the new season and Rossi had a good bike.

If he is so good and can win on an inferior bike then why isn't he winning on an inferior bike now.... this is what amazes me when I hear the B*****ks that Moody and Ryder come out with - they forget what they have said from one race to the next and contradict themselves over and over. One year he is god on two wheels and can win on a moped, the next year he isn't winning because the bike is no good. If he is as good as they spout he should win a motogp on a 250...

At the start of this season Burgess and Rossi were perfectly happy with what they had developed and said that they had built a bike that would punch out of corners and out turn and out brake everything else and the bike does look to do that quite effectively. They also stated they weren't concerned with top speed as top speed is irrelavent when coming out of the last corner on the last lap and accelerating to the finish line and out accelerating your rivals to it. I remember Moody, Ryder and Mamola acknowledging this as bordering on genius. However, they hadn't banked on Stoner riding the wheels of the Ducati which everyone, all the 'experts' and 'pundits' included widely acknowledged as a poor handling bike and which would get stuffed on twistier circuits. Stoner has ridden his balls off and made it handle, so then all we get is bleating about the Ducati being a superior bike.

What Stoner has done on the Ducati is down to Stoner himself - where is the other one? Capirossi could well have won the title last year if he hadn't been wiped out in the Barcelona crash that put him out for a few races - so he can ride a bit. He won a good few last year but this year is nowhere and Stoner has out-performed him. Disregard Stoner and if you were to judge the Ducati's performance on the strength of Capirossi's performance this year I'd suggest that it would be generally regarded as lacking.

Credit where it's due, Stoner is doing an outstanding job this year and good luck to him.

Rossi, after years of having the best bike or at worst, one that was the equal of others, is now finding himself in the position that many other talented riders have found themselves in over the years - on a bike that is not performing as well as it could and which doesn't allow the rider to ride to their full potential. Kenny Roberts went backwards on bad bikes after winning in 2000, Hopkins is now a regular front runner as the Suzuki improves - too much reliance on the bike's performance these days and tyres and electronics. Bad luck and ill fortune has happened to many riders in the past, it's just Rossi's turn now.

I'm not a Rossi fan by any stretch, his antics get on my tits and I think he is a dirty rider but I am well aware that he is one of the best riders out there. Maybe next year Yamaha will again give him a bike on which he can challenge for the championship but the simple fact is, none of them, including him, can win on an inferior bike.

And as someone else has already said, why was no-one saying that the races were boring when Rossi was winning them... one rule for one and all that

Rossi is worth so much a lap and in development.. Name a team mate that has ever come close to matching him ... I'm waiting... thought so, you can't !!!

like jack-h said, put Rossi and Stoner on the same bike, and IMHO he would blow Stoner out of the water !!

Where was Stoner last year.. On the floor picking himself up. Why? Because he had to try so hard ! Why is he not falling off this year, because he has superior machinery and does not need to try as hard, look at the margins he has won by in the last few races. granted there was a close ish one with Rossi, and yes he seemed to be under pressure and handled himself very well, but apart from that, he has had it easy ! That is IMHO.

It is easy to see that you are not a Rossi fan .

Stoner is in the right place at the right time and good on him .

When Rossi wins, that does not make an exciting race at all. So you are telling me that the Misano race was exciting ? If you do, then i think we was watching different races . It,s the overtaking and the pressuring of other riders to make mistakes that makes it exciting and apart from the crash at the begging, i can't remember much else apart from Stoner winning, there is no middle bit. I Remember the Start, the crash with Pedrosa, Rossi breaking down and Stoner crossing the finishing line 1st, that s it.. Like i said, not very exciting.

Long live Rossi .

Edited by Dougie Pumpkin

Well, if Rossi is worth so much a lap and also in development, he is underperforming this year. He has fallen short in development and he is getting beaten not only by Stoner. If it is because the bike is inferior that is down to him and the development team then.

Although I'm not a fan of Rossi I accept that he is an exceptional rider, my point is he isn't the only one and none of them win on an inferior bike. Capirossi won races last year on the Ducati - where is he this year? Like I said, if you forget Stoner and judge the Ducati on Capirossi's performance you'd say it was crap, as you are about Rossi's bike - you can't cherry pick facts to suit your own purpose. All the facts must be considered and one of them is that Stoner is doing an exceptional job, including at tracks where everyone said the Ducati would be beaten easily.

In his first year in 500, Rossi hit the floor a good few times too remember. As far as Rossi's team mates, he has been undisputed number 1 in the team, like Schumacher in F1. Their team mates don't get a look in and don't kid yourself they have equal equipment, everything is geared towards the number 1, the team mate has to make do with what they are given and are used to evaluate new parts, to pick up points towards constructers championship and to help the number 1 in any way possible, they aren't there to win races unless number 1 is out of the race. Edwards actually came out and said at the last race that Rossi has specially made tyres of a completely different construction from what is available to him. At Honda, Pedrosa and Hayden were on completely different bikes last year. You can't compare like for like with team mates, they have different machinery and equipment, just the name is the same. However, Edwards has finished in front of Rossi a few times this and last season.

You will never see Stoner and Rossi on an identical bike - Rossi wouldn't want to be in the same team anyway - he has already tried to stop Yamaha from signing Lorenzo as he doesn't want him as a team mate (scared of being beaten...??) Just like Schumacher quit when Ferrari signed Raikkonen and told him they wouldn't continue his position as undisputed number 1 in the team - he quit rather than race on equal terms with someone as good as him.

As regards the race being exciting, I never said it was - it was dull as are about 70 - 80% of them and I watch them on fast forward after the first couple of laps. All I meant was no-one ever complained of them being boring when Rossi was winning. It makes no difference to me who wins the title but it would be nice if Stoner did get it. So far he has been unaffected by it all, remains pleasant and cheerful, doesn't slate his rivals and most importantly, doesn't have a trace of arrogance about him when he wins - unlike Rossi with his playing of the violin when he won at Donnington in the wet a couple years ago (not so good on this year's wet track...) or hands behind his back with head bowed at another race as he crossed the line. And thankfully he doesn't have a bunch of tossers waiting somewhere around the track to dress him up like a chicken on the slow down lap...

I thought well before the season started Casey would win this year, many forgot about his results last year, he actually did really well considering. Casey is a real 125/250 rider and I am pretty sure hes riding so well this year is mainly down to the design of this years bikes (much closer to a 250) and how they suit his riding.

Cappo hasnt done much this year on the other Duke where hes been right up there in previous years, so the bike cant be mega, Rossi has met his match this year and he knows it. He'll be back next year though,stronger and faster than ever, hes not done yet by a long way.....................................errrrr unless he gets 7 years for the tax thing :unsure:

Edited by The Addict

If this isnt the proof in the pudding, well what is I ask you? If a rivals team boss gives credit where its due by recognizing the effort and talent by Casey, this must be the highest accolade apart from actually winning the World Championship.

Read the Reuters article that was in my local paper:

http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.aspx?StoryName=415388