Rear Brake Hose Route

andy.t

Hi,could anyone let me know the correct route for the rear brake hose because it looks as if mine is wrong as it has been bent,it runs to the left from the right angle union over to the shock then under the swing arm to the hole where it enters.Not sure if link below will work?

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/ty...09_234038AA.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/ty..._234106AA-1.jpg

Edited by Andy.T

Woah thats a pretty heavy bend!

Your correct with the routing however loosen the banjo bolt off of the master and allow the line to sit closer to the swing arm. If you dont allow it to come out towards the swing arm then the line will rub on the engine case as it is pushed too far off to the left or the center of the bike. I had mine routed like yours once and after 1 trials i rubbed through the line. Bring the banjo fitting closer to the swing arm. I will take a picture of mine when i get home. I know yours is a txt but the pro's are similar and i have a txt sitting in my garage next to it.

--Biff

Hi,the more I look at the brake pipe the more I think it still aint right,can't seem to swing it far enough over to the left without the metal part of the union hitting the swing arm,could only do this if I put a different bend in it ,even then the section of pipe which runs down towards the swing arm entry hole looks like it would still rub on the engine case.Any help please.

Regards Andy.

It is not correct. Sorry about my delay in reply. The hose has to go to the outside of the case not the inside of the swing arm. So to fix this you have to remove the swing arm bolt and pull the swing arm off enough to slip that hose to the outside. I promised a photo and i totally forgot. I have a large posted note stapled to my forehead to go take a picture of mine as soon as i get home. ouch.... I get out of work at 6pm eastern time. Again sorry about the delay but the hose goes on the outside of the swing arm not the inside like yours is routed. It will sneek by the kick start and brake light switch around the end of the swing arm.

--Biff

Hi Biff,its starting to make a little sense now,I have removed the brake pipe and can wrap it around without removing the swing arm,its looking a little tight with the lenghth of pipe available,is there no way it should go down the gap in between the master cyclinder and the swing arm? anyway the photos would be good if you could.

Regards Andy.

Now the pro is a bit different than the jt or txt but on the jt and txt the line comes infront of the swing arm like this.

I have an old line in the correct routing like your bike should be. Yeah its tight but this is what it should be like. Above the swing arm, around the front then in and thru.

brakeline3.jpg

brakeline2.jpg

brakeline1.jpg

--Biff

Hi Biff,thank you for posting the photo's,I tried to run the brake pipe as mentioned but ran into problems,its just too tight and the pipe nips again as it goes over the swing arm,and I think with the swing arm raised the tension on the brake pipe will be too much,anyway for now the pipe is routed so it goes down the gap between the master cylinder and the swing arm like this....

PS this bike is a 1998 TX200 dont know if this makes any difference?

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/ty...15_021917AA.jpg

Thanks again for your help.

Regards Andy.