Competitions In The Midlands

benj

hi all, im a newby here. id like to start competing in trials competitions but i havent the foggyist where to start. i have owned a ty250 for several years but i now have a beta rev 3. i'm 22, what do i need to do in order to compete and where does it happen. are there any clubs local to mansfield (nottinghamshire). any help/info would be greatly aprecieated. ben

hi all, im a newby here. id like to start competing in trials competitions but i havent the foggyist where to start. i have owned a ty250 for several years but i now have a beta rev 3. i'm 22, what do i need to do in order to compete and where does it happen. are there any clubs local to mansfield (nottinghamshire). any help/info would be greatly aprecieated. ben

Yu Ben. Im from Leicester so am fairly local to you. Basically you need to haul ass down to you local paper shop or tescos and get em 2 track down a copy of T&MX News, (the weekly geek mag). Thats got a list of upcoming events within the next month or so. Use that to find local comps. Theres loads around Matlock way, Couple in Notts, One here in Leicester, (this weekend) and a couple out Lincolnshire. these are all within the East Midlands Centre, ill come back 2 that. Then you need your ACU Liecence from those nice people in Rugby. Search on web for there details they can post ya a form. Then pick a comp to visit and come along talk 2 people and ask questions.

A few personal notes, the comps id recomend for you to satrt at is the Loughborough Club on the 23rd, Also any Pegasus event(Grantham) Peterborough or Earl Shilton (Leicester). these would be good to help ya find your feet. Obviously depending on how far you want to travel. Also try BSSA near your never rode there but meant to be very good. There ya go, mostly jibberish but some ideas for you, any questions???? LOL

thanks for all the info guys. so correct me if i'm wrong, to compete anywhere i need an acu license ( i presume this is public liability insurance). i think ill pop down to watch a trial to see whats required. is there anything else that i will need except the bike, the clothing and consumables. by this i mean do you need different tyres etc.

Ben, print off the licence application form on the ACU site, take it to the trial, join the club and they will send it onto the ACU for your licence. You have to join a club to be able to get the licence and the club has to send it on so worth doing when you go to watch.

You dont need different tyres although there are various makes, stay clear of Mitas I think they are called, Mich/Dunlop and IRC are the most common used.

Edited by The Addict

thanks for all your help. ive just printed off the acu aplication form so i shall take that with me when i go to watch a trial. ive noticed there is a club in mansfield (maun trials) so i look forward to speaking to the pro's. the suggested clubs above dont seem to have web site so i shall buy a copy of t&mx to see when theyre meeting. thanks again.

Ben, you wont need many of the application pages for trials (medical stuff etc) fill in what you can and take it to the Trial, you need to find the club secretary to sign and stamp it. Might be worth giving the club a phone call before the event to let them know your bringing it in as most people are abit busy just before the Trial.

Pretty much all the riders will be more then happy to point you in the right direction if youve got any questions, they're a good bunch Trials folk, if you blag a ride on a bike for christ sakes dont chuck it though

Edited by The Addict