European Championship

jaysee

Has anyone done a euro round recently? Thinking of having a go this year, I think the main course my be a bit tough but whats the international class like?is it similar to the expert or master class?

jaysee

I'm off tomorrow to do the first round in Italy, I've done 4 off them now on the main route and to be honest there a bit too hard for me, that why I'm doing the international class in this one. From what I can remember its about the same level or maybe slightly easier than the masters class in the British champs.

Definitely worth doing for the experience tho, I've really enjoyed all of them so far.

Cheers

Chris

yep done the french round at maisse last year, it was bloody hard, alot harder than the british championship course. I,m going again this year, but only to do the "easy course" as the french appear to put on quite a hard trial. Hopefully will do the full championship course at hawkstone park.

Doea anyone have any info on how to enter the British Euro round, and also what other items you may need to ride,

i have heard you need a medical to get a license, or something along those lines, and is the trial the 2nd weekend in August??

There's bound to be some Chump's there...and their fat minders eh Gasserboy?

I can't ride much, but I can stop a falling Gasser in my teeth without spilling my pint.

Edited by Bikespace

My advice, if you can, go watch a Euro round somewhere and check out the International class sections. There's two lines hard, and less hard, and it's going to be hard for people to recommend you a line to ride not knowing what level you ride at. Everyone's idea of difficulty will be relative to their skills, I was in Poland last year and I thought I could ride the Inter class, but that's just me. I hate to give advice without any info but if you have to ask about hopping I'd say to reconsider, check a round out or talk to someone who has.

-Matt

is theyre any standard for this or is it a pure  entry trial what are the easeast course like as in what bike hoping and step  sizes is theyre

If you can't Hop, skip it.

At france the 1st section scared me ****less, 10ft steps in sand, followed by 10ft drop offs into sand with no stopping room. Pretty mega stuff alot harder than any stuff i've ever done in the uk, practising or in a trial. I need alot of practice before the hawkstone park round, but you need to be practising with a minder on stuff that you would never even look at. I've started already, it borders on dangerous when your on your own.