Any Results For The West Of England Trial

chris

Oh all right a bit harsh but was it 34 sections and a few of these double subs?

However TMX have surpassed themslves and the report this week takes the biscuit, perhaps noone knew it was a novogar round. TMX should be ashamed of themselves. :lol:

Dont wish to annoy Mr Dabster and i know i am new here but i was talking to one of the people who gave up a lot of their time to help with marking out hacking back undergowth etc. They tried their hardest to make an enjoyable event for the majourity of riders.

He admitted the route marking had been disrupted or sabotaged by AN Other possibly the rambling fraternity resulting in many riders going OTL which was rectified. He said the main problem being the diversion around Widecombe to avoid riders going through the village and annoying tourists.

All i really wanted to say was how would you feel if you ahd spent so much time putting something back into the sport only to have your efforts labelled ***** ??

I attended a trial recently where almost half the entry retired due to the severity of the trial being a bit over the top. A lot of the riders were complaining but i didnt remember any of them offering to set out the next one.

If nobody put themselves out to set out courses and or observe then we would not have a sport. So lets be constructive. Criticise if you must but keep it constructive.

Sorry i've gone on a bit but i just felt that ***** hardly fell under the guise of constructive and encourageing.

Sorry if i have spoken out of turn here. :lol:

Not at all, I too spent a couple of days doing just what you said earlier this year and God has the missus given me grief for it !

However, here is a National Novagar Championship which the w o e club has chosen to put on and the trial should be good well marked out and organised.I know that being critical is not necessarily helpful but if I had travelled from the I o Man and then done a trial like this and then no results in TMX I'd want to say something.

So to be constructive, it is essential the trial is well marked out, checked on the day, try to get a freindly rider to course check and route cards preferably with maps are issued to riders. 34 sections with some of these double subs is not enough for a Novogar championship. Routing riders through mud for no good reason outside sections is pointless.

Results should be quick and at the very least for Champioships appear in some form in TMX, but definately on TRIALS CENTRAL. where are they?

There seems to be a strange conspiracy where the moost feeble section of our sport, sidecars, gets a massive amount of TMX coverage completely unjustifiably.