Techno Swinging Arm Bearings

manxandy

I am struggling to replace the swinging arm bearings on my 96 techno.

I undo the nut but I cannot free the swinging arm bolt, this looks as though it is screwed into the frame, but it will not unscrew.

I have looked to see if there are any pinch bolts or similar which would stop the bolt being unscrewed, but I cant see anything.

Have I missed something? Or is there a knack to getting this bolt out? I am cautious about using too much force as snapping something or rounding the allen head of the bolt won't help matters.

I was told when I bought the bike that the previous owner had done little or no maintanance, so could it just be seized in, although the swinging arm moves freely (a little too freely).

Thanks

Hi I ve also got 96 beta. Once the nut is off the spindle should tap out (how ever I would suggest that for the initial taps to leave the nut slighty wound down to prevent damage to the threads and try to turn the allen head on the other side as you tap).The spindle is aluminium so you have to be very carefull and I guess that the lack of maintenance isnt going to help. It is probably seized a) in the housing and :D to the needle bearings. I would also suggest downloading a parts catalogue for beta (there is a download somewhere on previous threads but for now I cant remember where) Good luck

Thanks to all of you for the info, the bolt doesn't screw into the frame, so lots of WD40 and even more brute force and ignorance (I am good at that bit) and the swinging arm came out. And what a state the bearings were in.

Thanks Again

Andy