Yamaha Pinky

neil88green

Just bought a second hand pinky after a few years without a trial bike. It is a 1990 can anybody tell me what is the best mixture to run it on (it seems to be running rich at the moment) the previous owner who never actually competed on it ran it at 25:1. Also any other top tips as I previously trialed a water cooled Beta so will be first time on an air cooled mono.

Thanks

Just bought a second hand pinky after a few years without a trial bike. It is a 1990 can anybody tell me what is the best mixture to run it on (it seems to be running rich at the moment) the previous owner who never actually competed on it ran it at 25:1. Also any other top tips as I previously trialed a water cooled Beta so will be first time on an air cooled mono.

Thanks

woah!!! 25:1? way to rich.

at the most 50:1 of i run mine on about 60:!

max

Another tip

go and knock his windows out :ph34r: .

the Pinky was introduced in 1991 so you may have a white frame TYR or its actually a 1991 model.

If its a front disc brake mounted directly onto the fork leg it will be a pinky

an absolutely belting bike whichever model it is

Another tip

go and knock his windows out :ph34r: .

the Pinky was introduced in 1991 so you may have a white frame TYR or its actually a 1991 model.

If its a front disc brake mounted directly onto the fork leg it will be a pinky

an absolutely belting bike whichever model it is

I have checked and the front caliper mounts directly onto the fork leg. It all looks very genuine and identical to any pics I have seen of pinky's including green seat blue fork legs etc. Thanks for the replys will drain the fuel and remix new

• 2 weeks later...

It's a 1991 onwards then, I'm not sure when they stopped making them, I know that they started the TYZ in 1993, but I have also heard that they stopped making the Pinkies in 1995, I think.

60:1 with posh oil, I just got the cheapest I could get my hands on, and run it at 50:1, it runs perfectly every time.