More CC?

hrc2002

Do you think that Montesa should make more then just the 250?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that Montesa should make more then just the 250?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
    • Montesa?

The perfect chance for a new name...

I think Montesa should make other sized engines, including maybe an 80 and 125. Not only 125 bikes popular with youth riders, it will also give Montesa a wider market and more Montesa riders.

However, having a single CC engine could be better as it allows them to concentrate on ONE bike, not several.

HRC

If they are developing a new model anyway,(four stroke) i cant see it being that difficult to have different sized motors, using the same frame and running gear, and possibly even the same bottom end of the engine. It would give them a wider appeal to different riders and with the new schoolboy rules (125) coming out , well ,you know it makes sense!!

If they are developing a new model anyway,(four stroke)  i cant see it being that difficult to have different sized motors, using the same frame and running gear, and possibly even the same bottom end of the engine. It would give them a wider appeal to different riders and with the new schoolboy rules (125) coming out , well ,you know it makes sense!!

Yeh, their the only bike that hasn't gone ahead with 125s and bikes like that. However, might it bring its fair share of problems...they could still keep at perfecting the 250's...

HRC

when Honda took over the montesa marque, part of deal was to always produce a trials bike, and thats what they have done. They have kept costs down, got it more or less right on the drawing board and its proved time and time again to be a winning formular.

Why do you need more power, does the bike not produce enough? Is flat out in third too soft for you? I have not come up against anything that a 250 will not go up. Alot of riders seem to be under the misconception that more power makes them a better rider. wrong. More power can mean more problems to deal with

An underpowered bike will bring the best out of your riding. If you can make a 125 go vertically up 6ft without a kicker then your going to get on a 250 and it will feel like a main road.

• 4 weeks later...