I've Just Come Over To The Dark Side.....

yoyo

Hello All,

I've just come over to trials after riding supermotos and the last year has been on an enduro bike (KTM300EXC). I've come over after I keep bashing myself up a bit on the dirt and I'm hoping that trials will provide the spills at much lower speeds (although I have broken my leg with a 10mph get-off in the past! :ph34r: )

I've just picked up an '06 Beta 270 Rev3 and I'll be out later on it for the 1st time. I'll be looking for tips and hints and this forum seems the ideal place to start.

BETA-TRIALS-BIKE-1-F.JPG

see you

Shaun.

Edited by YoYo

enduro bike (KTM300EXC). I've come over after I keep bashing myself up a bit

i have come down the same route, same bike, still suffering the same injurys. but trials is loads more fun!

someone told me when i first started that the throttle worked both ways, no matter how hard i pushed that grip it would'nt go any better!!! :ph34r:

give it a year and you'll be wondering why you did'nt do this before.

have fun

paul

Welcome to trials Yo Yo, I came from road racing and have the scars to prove that too.

The BIG difference betweeen trials and all other forms of motorsport is that it's how you ride not what you ride- and at the end of an event you've been on the bike for three or four hours and still have some money left in the bank!

Let us know how you get on.

I came from owning enduro bikes but the main problem was the distance I had to travel in order to arrive at a place that I could legally ride & enjoy it properly. For the rest of the time I was killing tyres riding sort of dual purpose with no real fulfillment from doing so......until I got a second hand old trials bike. I sold my 1150 Adventure & my XR's & wouldnt swap trials riding for it now. 1. Theres many more places to use a trials bike & that doesnt just mean club land. While wouldnt spoil it for others by riding irresponsibly or offensively I have found there are lots of quarries, and bits of waste land etc to ride & because of the nature of trials you dont need loads of open track or room in order to do it; & it can be done discreetly. I would like to live in a country with room and a smaller population but in England (or at least the South East) there is very few places to enjoy riding Enduro without major hastle.

Also as Scorpa 3 said the bank account likes trials far better. I just think its far more enjoyable & you can have more of a laugh because of its slow speed and its requirements to focus on other skills. In short its a whole new world that I wish I'd taken more notice of years ago. I reckon you will think you have done the right move once you get the feel.

Hey YoYo, nice to see you. We know each other (twobobrob from visordown)......

I'm having great fun riding trials lately (i've got an old Montesa 315) we'll have to hook up for a ride sometime. It's very different to what we've done in the past, but I'm finding it very challenging and as the others have said, it's definately easier on the wallet...

Have fun :guinness:

Hey YoYo, nice to see you. We know each other (twobobrob from visordown)......

I'm having great fun riding trials lately (i've got an old Montesa 315) we'll have to hook up for a ride sometime. It's very different to what we've done in the past, but I'm finding it very challenging and as the others have said, it's definately easier on the wallet...

Have fun :guinness:

Hi Mate!

Challenging is not the word!

I was out last Sunday at Matchams. I'd organised an Enduro track-day down there and as everybody was blatting through the woods I went out for a play in amongst the woods between their tracks. I didn't realise that its so physical even though you're only going so slow!. I was just pratting around trying to keep my feet up doing tight figure of 8's between trees and getting used to what the bike can do. I learn't very quickly that it can do far more than I can!.

I'm still continuing to book and organise MX/Enduro trackdays, and I'll be out with them again pratting around doing my thing whilst they are doing theres. The next one is at Tonymoto's on Sat 24th Nov. If you fancy coming along on the Monty for a play on the bundings and pits then give me a shout.

Edited by YoYo

Welcome to the LIGHTER side, Shaun. The super light bikes & slow speeds have translated into less injuries for me. As long as I keep my feet on the pegs, I can't injure my knees. But even when you get in a bind, its a simple matter to step off.

Good luck with the repairs. Your strength and balance physio will be terrific for trials! ;)