Places To Practice Halnaker ?

robm

Hi all, I'm just about to take up trials.. got a beta 250.. joined a club ridden round and round the garden! and been to watch a few meets, and I NEED to practice! Does anyone know if the pit in Halnaker which is quite close to me still opens for practice and if so what days you can go there

Cheers

Rob

Edited by RobM

Hi all, I'm just about to take up trials.. got a beta 250.. joined a club ridden round and round the garden! and been to watch a few meets, and I NEED to practice! Does anyone know if the pit in Halnaker which is quite close to me still opens for practice and if so what days you can go there

Cheers

Rob

Welcome Rob,go on www.brdmcc.org/ all you need to know is on there,cheers Mick

Cheers

Rob

Welcome Rob,go on www.brdmcc.org/ all you need to know is on there,cheers Mick

Thanks Mick... looks like its open on the third sunday then :guinness:

Rob

You may want to consider the Worthing Weavers & Wobblers Trial Sat 1/12, there will be a route to suit you I am sure ..

see Worthing Club Site

Have sent off my application for the worthing club....will deffo be at the w and w on the 1st ...cant wait ! Have to say after years of road bikes this little 2 stroke has rekindled all the excitement and got the old juices flowing again :guinness:

Next question.... does anyone know of anywhere else thats open for practice (maybe during the week) in the sussex area... I need all the help I can get ! ;)

Rob

Edited by RobM

haven't herd of any official (ie legal) trials practice areas south of the river. there are lots of events about, including a wobbler trial this sunday over in kent (by Double Five - see http://www.doublefive.co.uk/ )

Can you just go to any club trial then? doyou not have to be a member? Excuse the stupid questions but totally new to this . Also whats the difference between a club and group trial ? Oh and what does it mean when you see "closed for club trial" ? ;)

Rob (totally green!)

Thought some more practice was in order so spent the day piling up tree buts and working out how best to get over them. Only fell of three times and feeling much more confident now ! My mate, whose taking up trials with me fell off, engine still running, back wheel spinning, got in a bit of a kerfuffle, picked his little beta, and managed to screw the throttle open and got dragged 20 yards untill he and bike landed in the hedge ... Funny ? ...I'm still laughing now as I type this ! ;) Still, a valuable lesson has been learnt !

Rob

sorry i'm assuming too much

it varies around here;

some bigger trials clubs run club trials for their own members (not sure if these club will sell day memberships or sell their membership on the day)

then there are "groups" - the south east (kent, sussex and surrey) is subdivided into 5 regions ie group (Thames Valley, Star, East Kent, North Kent and South Coast) and on the second sunday of each month club in each group organise a trial for members of clubs in each group (ie there are 5 trials on the same day).

the other weekends see centre trials (hardness is vaguely increasing with status of event) which run various classes - some won't have inters or experts (ie pre67, novice, etc) so they are best for beginers but depends on the club/venue really.

up here in north / west kent we run a series called the "beginners and wobblers" - i was CofC for my clubs one (well put it this way i'm probably still a beginner!) and the easiest route was designed for LDTs (ie guys on enduro bikes!!!). some of the other ones locally (i've done a few OWLS ones) are tacked on the side of club trials (the easy route has 6 year old on 50cc bikes so .... ).

an ACU licecene (officially "affiliation") is a tenner for a year and you can buy them on the day.

there have to be what about 25 ish trials clubs in the south east.

check out http://www.southeasttrialscombine.org.uk/ and look at the various links to clubs off that site. there are as above some AMCA clubs about and they are just the same (i've done a Brighton SCG trial and came last by a long way but it was a laugh!!!)

Okay, AMCA clubs are Reigate (RRND), Horsham Riders, Bognor, Worthing, North Hants & maybe Eastbounre for their club trials.

South Coast Group is also AMCA.

Horsham Riders (www.hrc1.org) runs a wobbler route through the summer months, but usually not through winter as its too slippery. We have 4 or 5 saturday practice tials thought the year too. A practice trial has easy sections & you can have as many goes as you like.

No licence required for AMCA events and almost all you can enter on the day.

Thanks for all of the replies chaps

So if I've got it right, having joined worthing I can turn up and ride in any other of the amca clubs trials and, possibly acu clubs trials on the day by getting the acu membership there and then. That said is there any advantage in joining more than one club ?

At this point I would like to say what a friendly and helpfull lot you all are ;);)

Rob

if your down on the south coast with them AMCA types :huh:;) ;) then you might want to join one of the various ACU clubs so you can get out and ride at the ACU events as well. you don't have to, jsut work out how far you want to travel and how often you want to ride (some people think kent is a long way from the south coast so can't be a***d so thats fair enough)