08 250f

hop blip and a jump

My scorpa is just about run in now, i was having trouble riding it and thought i'd bought the wrong bike, until today!!!!!

I took it upto betabonkers the other day and she had a clean and he took up the slack in the throttle and choke cables, adjusted a few things and we turned the offset handlebar clamps around to bring the bars back!!!!!! WOW!!

I can't believe the difference it's like a different bike!!! B)

Now the throttle response is excellent with no flat spots or hesitation, the steering and front end feels lighter and more stable, the standing position is much better, these small changes have transformed it into a fantastic bike!!!

Today is the day that made me happy i'd gone to the dark side "4 stroke"

it starts perfectly every time hot or cold and she grips like a beast! just gotta get used to riding in 1st more!! :thumbup:

Edited by hop blip and a jump

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah 2 stroke is still a better bike :thumbup: you will see after you have had that bike for a year they still havnt trimmed the fat off that bike yet ..

they need to make it a smaller bike there is too much on it its a hard bike to keep in good condition and it takes forever to clean them because

mud and crap gets caughed in all the nooks and crannys and between the engine and bash plate ..

gas gas and the re done sherco 4 strokes have the right idea small frame and easy to look after .

The sump cleans out easily because of the holes they have machined out on the 08'

And it only feels a bit heavier when you get it stuck somewhere and have to hump it out, riding wise it doesn't feel heavy or cramped at all!!

and throttle response is excellent with the new carb with the accelerator pump!! :thumbup:

Well , me friends had 08 4t since about sept i think, he had a prob with a "flat spot" but now its all sorted,after talkin with the importer at length. Anyway this other guy , who,s a dealer, sez the engine, cams etc are that tight when new that performance gets better the more hours you rack up, and me friend confirms this after just 3 months or so . cheers blok :madnoel:

I can't believe the difference it's like a different bike!!! :kerstsmiley:

Now the throttle response is excellent with no flat spots or hesitation, the steering and front end feels lighter and more stable, the standing position is much better, these small changes have transformed it into a fantastic bike!!!

Today is the day that made me happy i'd gone to the dark side "4 stroke"

it starts perfectly every time hot or cold and she grips like a beast! just gotta get used to riding in 1st more!! :madnoel:

AND THIS IS ALL SINCE YOU PUT THE BETA STICKERS ON IT

Yeah that sounds about right, the engine was so tight it was stalling all the time, but i've done about 13 hours on it now and it only stalls if i ride it like a muppet!! :wacko:

it's feeling better the more i ride it, it has taken me a while to get used to the gearing, and it loves 1st and 2nd gear.

I'm really pleased i bought the scorpa now, even though it's taken a bit of time to adjust to it!! it grips like a beast.. :madnoel:

Hovis had a go on it yesterday and he rode it easier than he rode betabonkers 270 rev3!!!! but he'll never admit it because he's a beta perv!! :kerstsmiley:

Hovis had a go on it yesterday and he rode it easier than he rode betabonkers 270 rev3!!!! but he'll never admit it because he's a beta perv!! :madnoel:

have you been sniffing glue again?

your scorpa rides like my old 1990 CR125

Edited by hovis

your scorpa rides like my old 1990 CR125

:rolleyes: your having a laugh, remember the other day?? i'm sure i saw 2 betas stuck on the bank and the scorpa cruising up no problem!!!

yes, but the betas were stuck atempting world round stuff, while you were busy stalling and falling of on the tar-mac

have you oiled your clutch cable on the scorpa yet?