Addingham Moorside

batunball

The situation is that Yeadon Guiseley have the rights to manage the use of Addingham Moorside. The club are looking at ways of using the additional days that are available when all the Trials have been taken into account. This may be practice days over the summer or additional events loaning the land to other clubs. Either way the intention is to run the MacKenzie there and the usual number of Beginner, club and centre trials. It was unfortunate that the First Trial coincided with the worst rain for a number of years and given the anticipation that the event had attracted it was felt the car park would not be able to cope. It normally attracts over a hundred riders and parking is a problem even when the weather is favourable. I Believe the plan is to run an event fairly soon so keep an eye on the event pages here and the Yeadon Guiseley web site.

• 4 months later...

Well stiil no news on when yeadon & guisley club are having any practice days on addingham moorside or as we call it the nab! i heard a rumour that they had been given 28 days this year? is this true all they same to be botherd about is there own trials there and loaning land to every other club! seems to me that its f--k everyone else who wants to ride on there own doorstep!

Well stiil no news on when yeadon & guisley club are having any practice days on addingham moorside or as we call it the nab! i heard a rumour that they had been given 28 days this year? is this true all they same to be botherd about is there own trials there and loaning land to every other club! seems to me that its f--k everyone else who wants to ride on there own doorstep!

If you live locally I suggest you, (and any other locals), try and unseat the councillor who initiated the problem and Stopped ALL activity on the "Nab". In the meantime If you wish to use the land for practice then propose it to the club or indeed to your club and get them to inquire about using the land. West Leeds and Spen Valley have both used Addingham in the past few months for Trials I'm certain if another club wishes to use the land for a trial or practice it can be negotiated within any days left.

If you live locally I suggest you, (and any other locals), try and unseat the councillor who initiated the problem and Stopped ALL activity on the "Nab". In the meantime If you wish to use the land for practice then propose it to the club or indeed to your club and get them to inquire about using the land. West Leeds and Spen Valley have both used Addingham in the past few months for Trials I'm certain if another club wishes to use the land for a trial or practice it can be negotiated within any days left.
Telecat i bet you dont live in silsden and have for 34 years! I dont do any trials often i just love to get out and ride my bike for fun in a non competive way! And to see my local practice ground taken over by a club that aint nowt to do with silsden! just pays mr fothergill for the right to use is land is a p*** take?

Telecat i bet you dont live in silsden and have for 34 years! I dont do any trials often i just love to get out and ride my bike for fun in a non competive way! And to see my local practice ground taken over by a club that aint nowt to do with silsden! just pays mr fothergill for the right to use is land is a p*** take?

The land has not been "taken over" the club merely manages the land due to the restrictions placed on it by Bradford council. Mr. Fothergill does not want the council to take him to court over the use of the land and as a club Yeadon-Guiseley has historically used the land for more years than I care to remember. I completeley agree that the loss of the land for practice was a major blow to Riders BUT as previously stated I suggest you get on the Silsden web site and track down the Counncillor responsible and aim to get him unseated. Perhaps then you can aim to get "The Nab" re instated as a practice ground by threatening his position. He seems to have deliberately set out to get on the council, then the planning committee in his efforts to close it. If your feelings are as strong you can make a difference. If he holds meetings attend and harang him. As a resident you are perfectly entitled to make his life as a councillor difficult. Yeadon Guiseley main thrust was to make the land available for trials. As a resident you want a practice ground. MAKE HIM AWARE OF THAT.