Midland Classic Trial Stathams Farm 4th November

Stathams Farm and Quarry was the venue for the Midland Classic Trials Clubs 4th November meet which was attended by an excellent turnout.

With the weather being kind the previous week the venue was in prime condition with plenty of grip and a good event was enjoyed by all with all sections cleanable concentration and consistency was paramount as the event would be won or lost by a single dab. In fact many placings being decided by furthest clean rule.

Five laps of ten sections was the format with section four a very tricky section in and around trees with excellent balance and throttle control required to keep the marks lost to a minimum.

The Clubman route was very closely contested with the winner being decided on the oldest bike rule.

The club would like to Thank all observers and especially extend their gratitude to the landowners for the use of this great venue.

Results

Expert Route 2 Stroke

1. C Slack Sprite 5 Marks

2. M Stannistreet James 6 Marks

3. D Carson James 12 Marks

Expert Route Unit

1. P Carson Cub 9 Marks

2. R Turner Cub 18 Marks

3. D Walker C15 18 Marks

Expert Route Twin

1. I Stubbs Tri Greeves 48 Marks

Pre 72

1. D Pattison Bultaco 14 Marks

2. L Rowland Ossa 26 Marks

3. R Stubbs Suzuki 27 Marks

Clubman Route

1. P Elvidge Greeves 0 Marks

2. J Tye Francis Barnett 0 Marks

3. P Beswick James 1 Mark

The next event will be at Bonsall Quarry so see you there :D

With a very special guest........ worth racing with him :P

Come now Greeves you can't tease us like that,give us a clue if nothing else, how do you expect us to sleep at night now. :D

Now now, keep patient!

The Motoclub Sotobike always tries very hard to get a top class guest of honour at Robregordo.

I can tell you that previous "Guests of Honour" include:

Mick Andrews; Charles Coutard; Sammy Miller and Yrjo Vesterinen

It will most probably be... in that vein!!!

Big John

Come now Greeves you can't tease us like that,give us a clue if nothing else, how do you expect us to sleep at night now. :D

Now now, keep patient!

The Motoclub Sotobike always tries very hard to get a top class guest of honour at Robregordo.

I can tell you that previous "Guests of Honour" include:

Mick Andrews; Charles Coutard; Sammy Miller and Yrjo Vesterinen

It will most probably be... in that vein!!!

Big John

John Moffat or Paul Beswick...take your pick :P:D

Edited by Slapshot 3
Changed spelling so' not to upset John

Dont think they are that hard up for a guest star although John could entertain for hours with his anecdotes from past Scottish 6 day and pre 65 trials.

What i will say is if this years guest is half as good company as last years then it will be well worth the trip for that alone.

Oh yes one other thing Big J may still beat me in 2008 but not going to have such an easy job as in 2007 :P

The East Mids posse will be there in 2008 :D

Team beer monster is in training as we speak :D;):D

Hi Bilco: There is a hotel just 50 metres away from the start, it is all booked by Sotobike Motoclub and pilots coming from far away have the priority in the reservations. I think it is a good idea you send me an email to greeves@telefonica.net so we can block the rooms for your group, and answer any other question you can have.