Bike Rack On Peugeot Partner

randyrat

Hi there...

anyone got a Peugeot Partner Combi and using a Dave Cooper Rack?

Just checked the S value (nose weight) on my towbar and it's 70kg. My Mont 315 and rack weigh in at about 80kg.

Has anyone had any problems using this set up? Don't want to knacker the Partner!!! (Although the mounts etc seem very beefy)

Just a shame the bike wont go inside....or has anyone got any words of wisdom to sort out this one either?

Many thanks...

Randyrat

Think you will find most vehicles nose weight is around 70KG but many use a rack on all sorts of vehicles. Can't see it being a problem if I'm honest with you, especially as most SWL's are engineered depending on circumstances to cope with 2-3 times the stated weights.

Hi there...

anyone got a Peugeot Partner Combi and using a Dave Cooper Rack?

Just checked the S value (nose weight) on my towbar and it's 70kg. My Mont 315 and rack weigh in at about 80kg.

Has anyone had any problems using this set up? Don't want to knacker the Partner!!! (Although the mounts etc seem very beefy)

Just a shame the bike wont go inside....or has anyone got any words of wisdom to sort out this one either?

Many thanks...

Randyrat

technically you are actually breaking the law as you are putting more weight than is allowed on the towbar by the manufacturer and you could invalidate any warranty on the vehicle, If a memeber of our finest (plod) new the law and pulled you, you could be prosecuted but this is highly unlikely.

as stated by others, lots of riders carry there bikes on racks with no problems, and generally the highest nose weight on normal cars such as mondeos and the like is 75 kg or on smaller cars around 50kg.

Thanks for the replies chaps.....I'll just have a go and see what happens......

As far as getting the bike inside the Partner......it's the car version rather than the van version that I have......and it's not really a practical optiion to remove the rear seats every time I want to take the bike out.....bloody kids.....!!!

Randyrat :D

I can get my Rev 3 in the wifes Berlingo Multispace by just tipping the seats forward & if I remember my Sherco 290 went in as well (not together !). So you may be able to get yours in OK (have to admit its a bit tight though). Have to say she got a bit cross about all the mud I left in there so I brought a trailer in the end !

Edited by arun1664

Panic over chaps!!!

After much swearing and farting about.....IT FITS!!!!

The key seems to be to squash the front wheel into the left hand sliding door, compressing the forks a couple of inches, canting the bike over toward the drivers seat, and squidging the back tyre round the rear door pillar. A short bit of wood to support the headstock, and a couple of bungees and it's going nowhere......Genius!

Thanks again everyone.......and yes...I do feel a bit of a t*t for not trying harder in the first place....... :D

Randyrat

Stick a couple of old socks on the rubber hand grips, it stops them marking the roof lining when you are moving it about getting it to fit. I also found it handy to have a thin bit of ali or ply to put under the side stand as it seems to be in just the right place to go into the hole where the catches for the seats are/go.