Dougie Rumours

telecat

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Doug back on a 2 stroke will be his re-birth. He can't seem to get to grips with the 4rt! I reckon that he'll be back on winning form a few months after the switch - if there is a switch! Do think it will be good for the competition in general to have Doug on a 2stroke and winning again. I think that the top 10 are closer now than they have been for years. I remember (but correct me if I'm wrong!) that during Doug's reign at Mont there weren't many times when he wasn't on top and the next riders down were widely spaced on marks as well.

What would be interesting would be to get him on his last 2stroke Mont - if that was updated with a few more years development, would he be able to win on it?

Awaiting confirmation of the rumour with baited breath! ;)

Pete.

Come on guy's do you seriously think Doug will be parting company with the mighty Mont ........ bet he stays with the big boys

1) they pay more than any other manufacturer

2) Doug sells bikes ..... number 1 or not !

Doubt it will happen but good luck to him if he does, on a more positive note It would no doubt give him some extra determination to win if he went back to the two banger

Don't think Money will have a great impact on Dougie's decission.

Throughout his career it has been about being the best and getting to the top of his sport which he has achieved.

Now he wants that 100th win and I am sure Doug will give himself the best possible chance at giving it one more shot in 2008.

If that is on a Beta or staying with the Montesa only Doug will know and who would bet against him achieving that in 2008.

Just my Two Pennath ;)

What will he ride at sheffield?

Whatever he's contracted to ride.

Seems most contracts run through to 31st Dec. So everyone's out on their 07 bikes before changing seats for 08.

The old Jan date meant that folks turned out on their new rides.

Edited by Subira

Whatever he's contracted to ride.

Seems most contracts run through to 31st Dec. So everyone's out on their 07 bikes before changing seats for 08.

The old Jan date meant that folks turned out on their new rides.

So what about the first round of the indoor WTC on 22nd December 2007 in Ekaterinburg? Sort of complicates things contractually.