Dougie Rumours

telecat

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Q] tucker1

Whats all this about then ,anyone heard anymore.It would be a great move by Dougie to catch that next record beating title.Fingers crossed it might be a possibility. "

"(Site Owner )There is already a topic on this here "

Aw Andy, give the tucker a break

Aw Andy, give the tucker a break

I did! I linked that topic to this topic instead of just deleting it. It's not my fault folk don't read before posting and it does make sense to keep everything in the one place. I visit so many Forums where you get umpteen topics all about the same subject it gets stupid.

Whilst I'm posting anyway. I've contacted Jake and for contractual reasons, nothing official can be said at present. I have always tried to take a professional approach and handle things ethically on TC and not gone down the sensationalist journalism route just to gain traffic - like sticking to press embargo dates for bike announcements etc even when I have the info well in advance and other media sources break the embargo. To release info early when an embargo is set would harm the trust and relationships I have built up with the very people I work with in the sport and rely on to provide me with news. I know everybody wants news as soon as possible, but if I break their rules then they're unlikely to provide me with anything more which would only damage the coverage Trials Central offer in the long term and those relationships are way more important to me and to the future of TC than a bit of splash news. This is no different. Trials Central presents facts, not media speculation and it's something I'm quite proud of ;)

As and when there is an official announcement then you will read it here first, as usual.

Doug for me and what he rides is a bit of a side show ( i have just returned from the pub ) ;)

what will Cota Kids new name be ?

Beta Boy

or

Beta Blokey ?

or will he be tight and try and modify his existing one piece suit collection ?

might see you sunday CK

So the question is, IF Dougie moves to Beta, how many 4rt riders will be making the switch to a REV3 or 4??

I'm sure a few will, but the the Rev 3 is a proven bike that has been around for a while, most people who will have wanted to try one will have probably already done so. If he rides the Rev 4, which seems doubtful, then a greater number may be tempted to convert.

It would be interesting to know how many Beta riders converted to 4RT following Bou's defection last year?

Doug for me and what he rides is a bit of a side show ( i have just returned from the pub ) ;)

what will Cota Kids new name be ?

Beta Boy

or

Beta Blokey ?

or will he be tight and try and modify his existing one piece suit collection ?

might see you sunday CK

Master Beta

mmm This is starting to look abit shallow guy's,talk about changing to a diffrent make of bike just because a certain person might be changing to that make. ;)

Why else would a factory sponsor a specific rider??? Don't they want them to encourage people to buy and ride their bikes.......

Why else would a factory sponsor a specific rider??? Don't they want them to encourage people to buy and ride their bikes.......

Well montesa have Bou for that now if all joe public montesa owner's were true montesa fan's they would stick to supporting Bou and keep with there mont bike's. Dougies after winning a few more round's, Bou's after winning title's.What ever rider win's title's sell's the bike's not the rider that just win's a few round's.And surely the other team's would know that,so why would other team's put there money into dougie knowing that?

I may aswell speculate here aswell and say Dougie will be off to TRW/Montesa next year.

Well montesa have Bou for that now if all joe public montesa owner's were true montesa fan's they would stick to supporting Bou and keep with there mont bike's. Dougies after winning a few more round's, Bou's after winning title's.What ever rider win's title's sell's the bike's not the rider that just win's a few round's.And surely the other team's would know that,so why would other team's put there money into dougie knowing that?

Dougie Lampkin will inspire more people in the UK to buy the brand he rides in any year because of who he is and his record, despite the fact that Senor Bou has destroyed everyone else this season. Tony Bou may be number 1 indoors and out but with the definite exception of eddie lejeune( ;) ), Dougie will always be #1 in our eyes till someone else takes over the mantle....Dibs, Browny, Wiggy.....

I may aswell speculate here aswell and say Dougie will be off to TRW/Montesa next year.

Don't think it will be unfortunately, sure I read somewhere they were up to budget, mores the pity. The dreamteam of Dib's, Wiggy and Dougie would be pretty special.