Dougie Rumours

telecat

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very much offline at the moment working in Newcastle for the real life job.

I will say I'm on Honda's mailing list and have received no press release regarding Dougie. I did speak to Jake Miller of G2F who is Dougie's Manager a couple of weeks ago who told me negotiations were still ongoing and that news, as soon as it was available, would be provided. Trials Central enjoy an excellent relationship with G2F and are privvy to a lot of information that I keep private out of respect, but love Jake or hate him, he is the consumate professional in his business dealings and will rightly treat contract negotiations as confidential until such time as those dealings are closed and agreed.

Until G2F release an official statement on behalf of Dougie I am treating everything as purely speculation. I know G2F well enough to say if there was news then there would be a press release by now. When and if news becomes official then we'll be the first to report it - as usual :D

My own view on the rumours? I'd love to see Doug back on a Beta where he found his world fame and think it would shake the World Championship up. With Honda there is always the corporate pressue to perform and they can buy whoever they want. With a small company like Beta there is none of that. The money might be less, but he's made enough of that already (though I'm sure he'd argue that point :thumbup:) A move to Beta would prove what we all thought all along - he just wants to ride and do the best he possibly can. I believe he could seriously challenge the top boys back on a 2-stroke so even if this rumour is true, it is not the end of the world for Dougie - not by a long shot. ;)

Since reading this forum I've gone from thinking Dougie will be riding for

1 Montesa. Surely they would give him another year?

2 Team Silsden Xispa.

3 Beta. Had a browse on the todotrial website, read their posting and although unconfirmed thought that they wouldn't, for professional reasons, publish such a story, even if it is unconfirmed.

4. Now after reading Andy's post I am unsure. Beta 51% Montesa 49%.

However the most important issue is that Doug rides next years WTC indoor and outdoor, achieves his 100th round win and goes out there and gives me and every other trials fan in Britain something to cheer about, regardless of which factory he is riding for. I cannot imagine a WTC without him, doesn't bear thinking about. Don't get me wrong I will be a little disappointed if he does leave Montesa but I support and cheer on Doug because of Doug and not because of which bike rides for.

Andy,

if you were in Newcastle why divvin ya call roound for a cupper tea, why aye man!! After all I only live 15 minute from the toon.

However the most important issue is that Doug rides next years WTC indoor and outdoor, achieves his 100th round win and goes out there and gives me and every other trials fan in Britain something to cheer about, regardless of which factory he is riding for.

Well said Dom, yer obviously not as daft as you look ;)