Fuel Prices?

hop blip and a jump

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's some strange stuff going on out there,went into 2 garage's today to fill up with diesel,all diesel pump's closed off only selling petrol,is it becoming to much of a loss for the smaller garage's to even sell it now.

Ahh but are you making the assumption that the government spend the fuel tax on roads? It all goes in a big pot with every other tax they put on us and then they spend it. Some of that money would have gone on propping up the doomed Northern Rock to a tune of a few Billion pounds!! Chicken feed to them! :(

Yes you get taxed, but if you are a businessman running a company, then you really get stung! Ah but I expect you to say, well you can afford it. But this simply isn't the case. If I were Richard Branson then I wouldn't mind but the fact is, there are loads of people like me providing jobs for people and getting heavily stung for it. Some one who owns a medium size company like me pays a huge amount of tax and its not just in tax! There are other hidden ways in which the government take money of us.

For instance, in our UK operation for every person I employ, I have to make a national insurance contribution equal to what they pay (11%) - So, I have a 1.3million pound annual wage bill employing 90 people and I have to pay nearly 150k for the privilege. I would much prefer to use that money employing more people or giving our employees better benefits. But no, the government take it and waste it on the bureaucratic and inefficient health service amongst other things.

We also get charged at the rate of 40% on any profits we make as well.

So say you bought a trials bike for a grand and sold it for 2 grand. How would you feel giving the government

like it was said on top gear on Sunday, the oil companies charge 35p a litre to...

1)buy an oil rig

2)search for oil

3)drill the hole hoping for oil

4)extract the oil

5)export the oil from the rig

6)take oil to a refinery

7)refine oil

8)take it to the pumps

9)pump owners make a small profit

these are just the main points in petrol production, theres other like wages etc...

lets face it its not the oil companies that are ripping you off it is the government

Edited by fozza321

lets face it its not the oil companies that are ripping you off it is the government

As much as I agree with you in relation to the government, the oil companies aren't doing too bad. :(

BP have recently had some problems though... profits were down 26.7 per cent on the third-quarter last year at $4.21 billion. :wall:

Click Here

Wait for the Big Bang chap's.

At the moment i have to work 7 Day's to make the same money i used to make in 5 day's,,3 year's ago i was making 5 day's money in 3 day's ,that can't go on something's gonna break.

Edited by bilco

As much as I agree with you in relation to the government, the oil companies aren't doing too bad. :(

BP have recently had some problems though... profits were down 26.7 per cent on the third-quarter last year at $4.21 billion. :wall:

Click Here

thats alot of beer tokens,

apparently shell makes $800,000 net profit every hour...