Fuel Prices?

hop blip and a jump

It used to be one of the highest in the country, which for the services given was a joke. Not sure where it stands now but with the exception of the mortgage its the biggest expenditure I have a month.

It just seems where ever you turn in this country the government wants a piece of you, tax, NIC, fuel tax, fuel bills, price of motor vehicles the list goes on.

This is the thing - The doubling in NIC we were told was going to be spent on improving the NHS! I have yet to meet anyone who can tell me its better today than what it was 10 years ago. SO where has all that money gone?

The only thing that is cheaper these days is electronic goods. This of course has nothing to do with the government as there is virtually no manufacturing left in the uk. We have seen rate rises on our industrial estate being so high that its driven some BIG employers away from the area. In the 5 years we have been going, I have only seen one company of any size come to the area.(100+ employees)

But the UK public just keep soaking it all up and nothing is done. When the poll tax was introduced, people went mental but nowadays, the council tax actually works out more! and whats done about it? Everyone just moans about it (like I am doing now :D )

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is better than ten years ago, you really don't believe its worse do you?

I was only reading another recent post on here about some guy who said he had to work longer hours to have the same amount in his pocket than he did a few years ago. ( I think that was the theme of it)

You are in the building game right? Lets see how long it is before you find you are un-competitive because Polish or Czech workers are seriously undercutting you. ( if they are not already that is)

The fuel (oil) price being high is a great blessing for many tens of thousands of UK employees (oil workers).

I agree that the tax needs looking at but personally $100/barrel is just fine. It ensures my job security and my film star wages. :D

• 4 months later...
Price have all gone a bit mad, Texaco across the road is 102.9 for unleaded 107.9 for diesal and 108.5 for Super.

I blame those trials riders for demading more fuel and draining the reserves ;)

Just paid

On another forum I visit there are some running VW Caddy pickups and vans on used and some new chip oil. even buying it at the supermarket and pouring it in, a bit lumpy on start up but after a couple of minutes she's good to go. Not that I'd ever do anything like that... :D

Edited by bo drinker

On another forum I visit there are some running VW Caddy pickups and vans on used and some new chip oil. even buying it at the supermarket and pouring it in, a bit lumpy on start up but after a couple of minutes she's good to go. Not that I'd ever do anything like that... :D

Perfectly legal that.......as long as you dont forget to pay the duty on it ;)

Apparently if you add ethanol and have the engine set up for it, it runs as well as normal diesel. The downside is the exhaust smells like a chippie!

I paid 1.19 a litre in huddersfield at the weekend - getting beyond a joke now really.