Fuel Prices?

hop blip and a jump

Wait for the Big Bang chap's.

At the moment i have to work 7 Day's to make the same money i used to make in 5 day's,,3 year's ago i was making 5 day's money in 3 day's ,that can't go on something's gonna break.

You are absolutly right here bilco.Just a little off topic, I am stripping out and renovating and old colonial farm house.The difference in the daily rates between carpenters has varied from $200 to $480 per day.When questioned, the higher rates are from builders with multiple employees that have to fork out huge overheads as mentioned by Atom.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i started this post i just wanted to say that i think it's a joke how much money that goes to the taxman compared to what the oil companies get, who are doing all the graft to supply us the juice!!!

So yes about 35p to the oil companies

And about 72p to the goverment!!!!

from each litre.

Now thats just a hardcore scam they are getting away with, and we are the suckers thats gotta pay up!!! :(

Just thought I would add a statistic to this debate from the other side of the fence.

My father in law has 2 BP filling stations, his profit on selling a litre of fuel is 0.83p .........makes you wonder why independant retailers bother when a fuel delivery costs in excess of

Edited by MartinM

Here on Tyneside at Europes biggest shopping centre (so-called) adjacent to the A1,surrounded by the highest volume of traffic in the region there was a independent fuel station which closed 3years ago 'cos they couldn't make a profit from it??? Hundreds of vehicles per day still try to fill-up there.

Over on the rock here (isle of man) the cheapest unleaded (total) is 106.9 up to 111.9 for total diesel. shell is on average 1p dearer but we can pay up to 113.9 (diesel) in places. any body want to swap?? and Vpower/ excellium only the tax dodgers can afford that ,Beckham etc.

And the news papers ahve stated that Gordon Blair and friends will have 45 million pound ish left over with no home in the budget, why not cut the fuel duty for a while?

I don't know? Don't you think that money could be better used on funding modern art?

NO! :D

YES!!

Naked ladies in artistic poses, dancing around a brass pole in my living room...that MUST qualify for funding, surely?:D

I see train fares have also increased over the rate of inflation.

Council tax has also consistently risen above inflation year on year since I have lived In Telford (9 years). What's the situation regarding council Tax in your town?

It used to be one of the highest in the country, which for the services given was a joke. Not sure where it stands now but with the exception of the mortgage its the biggest expenditure I have a month.

It just seems where ever you turn in this country the government wants a piece of you, tax, NIC, fuel tax, fuel bills, price of motor vehicles the list goes on.