Rev 3 Clutch Worrys

mikee

beta rev 3 clutch prombles..

Ok so i've had my motor rebuilt by my local beta dealer. New mains and seals new gear box bearing and seal new piston, rings and pin +small end bearing.

Got the motor home and fitted to bike,put new oil and coolant in and gave it a kick and started up fine. Sounds really sweet..

Right heres the problem,,,, bleed the clutch up so know bubbles are comming out, but the leaver has gone rock hard ...

took off slave cylinder and the clutch works as it should, pumping the piston in.. bolted slave cylinder back on and the clutch has gone hard again.

I've looked though the parts pages and and everythink looks to be in place as it should...

The only thing i have changed is the clutch hose which looks like this.

IMG_9192.jpgIMG_9189.jpgIMG_9182.jpg

Edited by MIKEE

Make sure you don't have the lever adjustment in too far. Try backing it off all the way before putting the whole thing back together. The brake and clutch system is self adjusting but to do that the piston in the master cylinders must be able to return all the way back past the hole to the reservoir where the fluid is stored.

It's also possible that the hole to the reservoir is blocked.

Dan

try removing the clutch slave cylinder & pull the rod out now see if the ball bearing is in there i had the same problem on one i rebuilt the bearing had fallen out & i had missed it put the bearing back in all sorted

finally got in the workshop today and sorted the clutch out...

yes it was the ball bearing that sits in the middle of the two push rods that was missing.. fould one that fits and alls well now... :D

thanks for all the help...

Edited by MIKEE