New Web Site

tony283

Spud,

Here I am in Airizona USA promoting a web site for the guys in Canada and I get a reply from someone in Kent, the county of my birth!

Most of my early riding was done in the SE Center and my home club was Barham. Barham was part of the EKTC (East Kent Trials Combine) others being Sittingbourne, Ashford, Tenterden, Birchington, Rochester and Folkestone. For my money Tenterden was always the best with mud, mud and more mud!

Tony

Hey Tony - As you know I log onto your site just about every day to read about your latest renderings, As Steve says, we have a liberal supply of mud at our events, and would love to see you & Brenda make the trip to one of our Outlaw Series. - The big one is our May long weekend, and this year will be the 22nd running of the event, which features Vintage on Saturday and Modern Sunday. The only problem is I don't think your big rig would fit into some of our parking areas!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Dave,

I have this desire to make that event before I die!

How tough is it on your average punter?

Do you guys run a split program with Morn and Afternoon riders? Seems I recall a long trail and lots of sections!

How far is it from Steve?

Thanks in advance, :shutup:

Mark

Mark:

Old buddy, let me extend an open invitation to you! If you can get yourself to Vancouver(closet large airport) I will pick you up and get you to the event. It is a 1.5hr ferry ride for me to Vancouver, then about a 3hr drive to the trials site from there! If you give me enough notice, I can probably arrange to have a bike for you and between Dave and myself also make sure you have a mount for day1 which is vintage only!!

The concept that Dave invented some 20yrs ago for the Outlaw Trial was to be intended for the club rider. Sections are typically straight forward, traditional and ridden on a longer loop. Similar to the Ute Cup by comparison. Day1 is vintage only and Day2 is all other classes. Both days are done by group check. You let me know when you want to come up. Daves event is in May and my event is in April.

Cheers, Steve

Hey Mark - As Steve has explained, my original concept was to have a two day event, with old style English sections, and a long ( for This side of the pond) loop. - The fact that it is still very popular speaks for itself, and also that we now have an Outlaw Series. - Both days have different classes, and for 2008, we will be adding a "C" class Vintage, which will be for first timers. ( You will be required to buy lots of suds for the organizer in order to qualify for this class!!) - To sum up - These events are all about having FUN.

It sounds like great fun. I would have to be able to spend some quality time to do it! I am pretty low maintenance, my agenda goes more like: Get off airplane, collect bags, rent car, find hotel with pub nearby.

Day two: find hotel near trials site with pub nearby. Sightseeing out pub window! Maybe go to find site!

Day three gets more difficult, get up early, go to site, someone wants me to try and ride a vintage bike through WHAT?, no thanks, I'll try to get in a little practice today before I return to the pub! As soon as someone shows up with a bike that has brakes!

Day four, Steve, maybe we could just share the Sherco in the sections, this Beta 80 is cool, but I am struggling a bit! I'll keep spare levers in the Camelbak, just in case! :thumbup:

Day five, rest day, before the return trip! Maybe go visit Steves house, 5 hours each way with the ferry! Crash At Pub!

Day six, find airport, hotel and adjacent pub!

Day seven, return trip, vacume house and laundry, clean bathrooms, kitchen and pool that noone has done in a week, 15hrs!

Next day, go back to work so I can rest! :lol:

Edited by copemech

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mark Sorry I didn't check your post for the past week - Good to see that you would fit right in with the criteria for riding the Outlaw. The only change you need to make is adapting to drinking lots of suds around the camp fire, as the pubs are a long walk from the site. - Even with the snow on the ground I'm starting to get excited about setting another one up #22.