South West Trials Shops

boner

I live on the Somerset/Dorset border and unfortunately we live in a black hole where trials shops are concerned. We did have 'Active Bikesport' in Yeovil up to a few years ago, but I guess the business wasn't profitable enough.

I have asked Jeff Goss in Bryan Goss Motorcycles (Yeovil) about stocking trials kit and he said that there isn't enough of a market for him to get in clothing on spec, but he does have a limited supply of trials boots and helmets. If there is anything you particularly want he could probably get it for you, he's very helpful.

There is OAS in Newton Abbot and RCM at Redruth, but again these are a bit of a trip just to look at kit, and I don't know what they have in stock as I've never been down there.

Although I have ordered from BVM and been very happy with the service etc, when I was in the Stroud area earlier this year I called in to have a look around and was very disappointed, but that's a personal opinion. Perhaps I was expecting more after seeing their website etc although I'd still order from them in the future.

Cheers, Stoford.

Yeah know what you mean about BVM, I too dropped in as I was passing through - and felt that it was a bit of a bolt-on after thought to the BMW dealership... that said, very helpful chaps.

Shame about Active Bikesport too - as they would have been bang on. Might drop in and see Brian Goss, next time I'm in town.

I'm suprised that there aren't more businesses down this way, as there are ALWAYS loads of people and bikes at local events.

I supose most people buy online now. :closedeyes:

Thanks for the replies though chaps.

Cheers - Matt.

OK - to be fair, I haven't visited MANY trials shops... but, as I said BVM are good and very helpful chaps.

Just kind of get the feeling that the lion's share of the trials scene and shops are up t'North.

Be kind of good to see more support/action down this neck of the woods, hence why I like to buy my stuff locally, even if it does cost me a couple of quid more.

Matt.

OK - to be fair, I haven't visited MANY trials shops... but, as I said BVM are good and very helpful chaps.

Just kind of get the feeling that the lion's share of the trials scene and shops are up t'North.

Be kind of good to see more support/action down this neck of the woods, hence why I like to buy my stuff locally, even if it does cost me a couple of quid more.

Matt.

Well trust me the northern shops aren't any better afaik and have seen. Get the feeling eh, thats objective. BVM are good perhaps one of the best, support your dealer.