Ty250 Piston Kits

troutrader1

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

Just finishing off a rebuild on ty250n, anyway may save someone some trouble and money down the track, try using IT250 83-85 model piston rings, half the price and exact size, rings, gudeon and ring locator pins. even the cutaway for intake is nearly identical.

hope this helps

Troutrader,

In 2-s RR squish and chamber volume are critical factors I know, but my TYR pinking on RON 98, better on RON 102 but far away from perfect.

I might acting incorrect passing links, (moderator, please guide me here). :rotfl:

BJ Racing machining TYR head chamber volume and correct squish band, http://www.bjracing.com/services.html

Basic 2-s head chamber data: http://www.muller.net/mullermachine/docs/squish1.html

//Pat :angry:

Edited by Pat

• 10 months later...

I have just done a re-bore and am going to use a TRI-Z piston they look the same. The only difference I can notice is slightly larger port holes on the piston might run a little richer. I don't think the back of the piston needs cutting looks the same size.

Just went through the same thing. Used a DT250 piston. You do have to grind the skirts to clear the crank but everything else is fine. I found one on Ebay for a very good price with rings, clips, pin included. I also replaced the small end bearing while I was in there. I was surprised at how much harder it was to kick over after replacing the parts.

Alan

TRI-Z = IT250, 515M :thumbup:

I have just done a re-bore and am going to use a TRI-Z piston they look the same. The only difference I can notice is slightly larger port holes on the piston might run a little richer. I don't think the back of the piston needs cutting looks the same size.