First Impressions

tombo46

First off, thanks to everyone who replied to my thread about replacing my beta with a gasser.

Went to Gas Gas UK today (after being refused a test ride at my nearest dealer), found them very friendly and extremely helpful. they even went out of their way to get me their demo 250 back from someone for me to have a go on round the car park.

Bike made a real impression on me, first thing I noticed was the weight, felt alot lighter than my beta and hopped around really nice (which im usually hopeless at). Brakes!! I had to go in the back of my van and releive myself after feeling the brakes (only joking, but I did consider it). The clutch was very light and beautiful to use but the lever was set a bit high for me and the biting point was really far out, but thats not the bikes fault. Gears also felt good, nice and positive changes and very smooth. Cant really comment on the suspension because I was in a car park but it felt very.......Suspensiony? The motor was very quick revving but felt a little bit softer than my beta, didnt have that snap, My beta had the flywheel weight took off, maybe thats the reason?

The only thing I dont like about the bike is it looks very plasticky but at the end of the day, it does the job really well so I shouldnt be bitching about the looks of the bike.

Hopefully be getting one soon =]

Tom

Went to Gas Gas UK today (after being refused a test ride at my nearest dealer), found them very friendly and extremely helpful.

they are awesome i ordered parts yesterday afternoon they came this morning, i couldn't believe how quick they was!! so when you needs spares your not really hanging around for them.