Spanish Off Road Law

micm

Reading the press today, in an interview with Gas Gas director Narcis Casas a new Spanish Law is discussed. As I understand it, it is now illegal in Spain, to ride a powered bike (or quad) more than 4 metres from a highway. Not very good for the Catalan trials manufacturers or riders. I guess (I don't know) that the Spanish riders had hitherto enjoyed pretty open access to land. I hope they find a compromise.

The NZ community is quite unrestrictive, always best to keep on the good side with your farmer friends though. So far, we have not had any restrictions on trials here with continued access into rivers. I mentioned that as I think both France and Italy have banned trials riders from going into rivers, pity. It's not as though we can just head out and ride off road anywhere (not like we used to in Osmotherly or Carlton Bank), there is always someone who owns a piece of land and providing you first ask, there isn't usually any problem.

Bye, PeterB.