How Much & What Sort Of Engine Oil Do I Put In My 98 Txt

txt270gasgas

Hi Jos,

For petrol premix

I reccomend to only use a 100% competition 2 stroke oil at 66:1. This works out as 15ml Per litre. Do not be tempted to use cheap oil from garages or chainsaw oil as it is the wrong stuff for your beast. Places like Halfords stock Castrol TTS fully synthetic oil. Its about

Sorry I forgot to mention the oil drain plug is underneath the engine and accessed through the sump guard. It is an allen key job and take care on tightening as threads in alloy are weak. Replace sealing washer or O ring if knackered. To refil you should see another small alloy allen headed plug on the top of the clutch cover on the right hand side of the engine.

Hope this helps.

Hi TXT,

Re-fill with 700ml of ATF rated to Dexron III, or a mineral, not synthetic, 10 weight oil, not a multigrade like 10W50.

I don't know if your friends Sherco is the same, probably not.

Drain the oil when it is warm, any metallic particles remain in suspension and drain out with the oil, rather than settling on the bottom when cold.

Bye, PeterB.

To refil you should see another small alloy allen headed plug on the top of the clutch cover on the right hand side of the engine.

Hope this helps.

HI please help, cant find refil plug, should the bike be on its side to refill, cant find any allen key on top of the engine left or right

Cant ride tommorow until i find it !

I had the 99 321,

not positive but we used ATF in the clutch/transmission side which is the same side as the water pump.

(PS there is NO other oil holding cavity in a 2 stroke engine, clutch and transmission are one and the same!.

the manual/video manuals stated to use a specific amount like 5xx cc of oil, however we only ran 450cc's of ATF, which reduced the drag on the clutches (the force that trys to move the bike even when clutch was pulled/disengaged) on the TXT bikes.

seems to me they are on the clutch case cover by the kickstart area, but it has been a few years since I messed with a TXT.

Edited by Sting32